EF86 and OD pedals

speakerjones

my hat is all
So, I've been using the EF86 channel on my Hayseed 30 a lot lately. Thing is, it's a little pickier about the OD I put in front of it. I'm currently using an MXR Classic OD, which I like, but I feel it takes away from the natural sound of the amp somewhat. I guess I'm looking for something a bit more transparent. I'm wondering who is using an EF86 equipped amp, and what they dig for an OD in front of it.

So, I've been using the EF86 channel on my Hayseed 30 a lot lately. Thing is, it's a little pickier about the OD I put in front of it. I'm currently using an MXR Classic OD, which I like, but I feel it takes away from the natural sound of the amp somewhat. I guess I'm looking for something a bit more transparent. I'm wondering who is using an EF86 equipped amp, and what they dig for an OD in front of it.
You know there's a switch inside your classic OD that changes the voicing, right? I moved it topside in one of mine (yes, I have two) so I can change it whenever I want.

Try flipping the switch to see if it changes what you need changed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

You know there's a switch inside your classic OD that changes the voicing, right? I moved it topside in one of mine (yes, I have two) so I can change it whenever I want.

Try flipping the switch to see if it changes what you need changed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yeah, and I like the sound of it both ways. I currently have it set to the ZW OD setting. Just looking for something a little different, a little more transparent. Maybe I just need to run the amp a little closer to the edge and use a boost. :thu:

Back