Echopark Model J

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/816-echopark-model-j

$3,800.00

available to order

DESCRIPTION:
In conceiving the Model J, Gabriel Currie has drawn from what he believes are some of the most forgotten yet sonically inspiring details in feel, electronics compliment, wood selection, mechanical components and aesthetics and combined them with the complex sonic treasures found within the Arcane Inc. USA/Echopark Designed 'GoldCoil'/J-Master pickups. Along with the brilliantly crafted Mastery offset M1 bridge and "JM" style Mastery MV/Vibrato these elements serve to inspire the artist within.

"The tones, styles and funkiness found in '60s Japanese Teisco Delrays, some of the mid '50s prototypes by Southern California's modern guitar pioneers and the early '50s Valco catalog have been my muse and constant guiding light on the journey of creating instruments." says Currie.

The Echopark "J" Model is the actualization of all Currie's quirky and left of center muses thrown to the walls. Through the Model J you may just discover some new voices...

SPECS:
- Swamp ash body, 1 3/4 vintage JM spec
- 1957 deep body contours
- 2.25 degree compensated neck pitch
- 1 pc. rock maple neck standard (1959 C profile)
- Slab Indian rosewood fretboard, 12" radius
- Jescar fretwire 10850
- Dot markers
- Bone nut
- Kluson 'single line' tuners/whiote or nickel button
- Mastery offset M1 bridge with machined cups
- Mastery MV vibrato tailpiece
- Arcane Inc. USA/Echopark custom spec GoldCoil/J-Master pickup set
- Custom taper CTS 250k pots

- Standard 2 master volume control, or master volume/master tone with paper in oil tone cap .033
- 3-way Switchcraft toggle
- Vintage cloth wire
- Black 'witch-hat' control knobs
- Standard .085 aluminum 3 ply tortoise/cream, 3-ply black/mint or pearloid pickguard\
- High gloss custom nitro lacquer
- G&G USA custom case
- Limited custom options include: neck sizes, fretboard, timbers, old stock neck timbers, vintage tone caps only
- Custom 'period correct' aging available
- Many available colors

PRICING INFO:
- base price: $3,800.00

Setting aside the blue fail...it's a mash up of a tele deluxe, jaguar, and total stupidity...so no...hell no...fuck no...

Ditch the necessarily large pickguard and the lower the price by about 80% and I might think about picking it up if I saw it at a shop. As is it's a big pass...and love Teles.

I'm really starting to lose the little bit of like that I had left for the glancing pickguard across the bridge pickup or in front of the bridge pickup thing that is happening lately. A year or two ago I really dug it. Now, it's on every guitar.

"In conceiving the Model J, Gabriel Currie has drawn from what he believes are some of the most forgotten yet sonically inspiring details in feel, electronics compliment, wood selection, mechanical components and aesthetics and combined them with the complex sonic treasure found within the Arcane Inc. "
Translation: Another high priced Tele ripoff.

I'm with jelloman and ellengrl. First of all, if I were to choose a tremolo for the guitar, the last one I would want is the Jaguar tremolo. Second, and I'm not saying this is a bad builder, just that if I had to charge higher prices than the big established brands, I wouldn't bother making guitars that borrowed so closely from those established brands.

Back