Dig it! Eating my words again...NAD

CBHScott

How did I get here?
Yeah, partially @Mark Wein 's fault for posting that Strat vid recently :mad:cop0

I had tried these on at least three different occasions and wrote them off as too quiet and, frankly, not sounding so great. When you cranked them up, they would rattle/vibrate pretty badly IMO.

Little did I know that if I spent some time with one in a quieter room, and tweaked it a bit differently than a "real" amp, that I would find some really good tones that were not too loud, but still loud enough to hear in the room without getting told to turn it down by the Mrs.:

750-THR10C_detail3.jpg

Yup :embarrassed:.

Had it for a week now, and I LOVE it for playing upstairs in the living room (ironically, when I do and the wife is downstairs, she comments on how good it sounds :grin: ). I already set up some presets using the PC editor, and dialed in the awesome room reverb effect. I have everything set from a cleanish, DR patch to a Satriani-type lead (the "mini Z" model on this thing kills).

Looks like Yamaha is also answering the prayers of the THR fans that would like something a bit more robust: they are announcing something new in October.

So, now that the living/family room amp is settled, something similar for the basement area stirthepot

I've been hearing amazing things about those amps.

Which version did you get?

The THR10c, which is considered the more "classic rock/blues" version. It has models based on the Deluxe Reverb, Matchless Voxy something-or-other, Blues Jr., Marshall Bluesbreaker, and the Dr. Z Mini-Z.

I need to mess with mine a bit more. I put it on a clean sound when I got it and never changed it:

The THR10c, which is considered the more "classic rock/blues" version. It has models based on the Deluxe Reverb, Matchless Voxy something-or-other, Blues Jr., Marshall Bluesbreaker, and the Dr. Z Mini-Z.
I wanna get the THR10X, the one with the Brown settings. :tongue:

Back