Eastwood Takes On The Fender Swinger

I have zero interest in that guitar. It is hideously ugly and should remain as a blemish in Fender's back catalog.

There is a guy on Reverb who sells Swinger clones for $4k. So there must be some kind of market. I have always wanted to do a Warmoth build with their body, but it is 25.5" scale not 24". I may still do one and get the 24.75" conversion neck.

Eastwood will do a lot of these off type guitars at an affordable price. I am sure that there is always a demand for a pawnshop special that has now reached the market of being to expensive.

I have zero interest in that guitar. It is hideously ugly and should remain as a blemish in Fender's back catalog.

That's what is kinda neat about doing it kickstarter style...it looks like they only plan to build as many as pledged so it's basically pre-selling the run. I have zero interest but it gets something like this in the hands of folks who really want one.

My FMIC thread dovetails with this -- I have an Eastwood Jupiter that's an exceptionally well built guitar, and if they're going to have at FMIC's back catalog, maybe I've found my manufacturer?

kids-clint-eastwood-grumpy-old-man-gran-torino_zpsxuilmxlz.gif%7Ec200

Back