Eagles documentary

emmaporkchop

The face of emmaporkchop
Put a few concerts in my watch list on Amazon and decided to throw the Eagles documentary in there with them. I think I still have about 45 minutes left of it to watch when I get home today, it's pretty much 4 hours long, I think they could have cut about 3 hours out of it, didn't anyone edit this shit?? But it has made me realize that I only like a couple of their songs because of the guitar parts in them. I get the feeling after watching it that the only reason Joe Walsh is still with them is because he hasn't said anything negative in front of Glen Frey or Don Henley yet.

I still have concerts by the Divinyls, Shonen Knife, Fantomas, and the US concert (from '83) to catch up on this weekend.
Anything you can recommend?

Documentaries:

• The Passing Show - The Life & Music of Ronnie Lane
  • Ain't in It for My Health: A Film About Levon Helm
  • Muscle Shoals

Documentaries:

• The Passing Show - The Life & Music of Ronnie Lane
  • Ain't in It for My Health: A Film About Levon Helm
  • Muscle Shoals
Agreed. I've seen the last 2, and I'll add the Ronnie Lane to my watchlist.

"Pearl Jam Twenty" was an interesting watch.
Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig
Also, we recently had a thread dedicated to Runnin' Down a Dream, but it's still definitely worth mentioning.

I thought so. I wanted those guys to make it so badly, even though their music was/is abysmal.

Exactly - the music never did anything for me but my bass player friend was really dug their 1st album when it was released.

I give major credit for Lips keeping together all these years and Reiner for continuing on despite wanting to let it all go.

Yeah' I've never been a Pearl Jam fan, but I came away with an appreciation for them after seeing the video.
Whether or not you like PJ, the docu also is cool for discussing and portraying what was going on in Seattle at the time. So it is interesting for that aspect too.

Whether or not you like PJ, the docu also is cool for discussing and portraying what was going on in Seattle at the time. So it is interesting for that aspect too.

A very good point. I just wish I had someone I could discuss it with! There are few people in my circle that are as musically interested as I am.

Maybe we could sometime. I love discussing music, and particularly PNW scene stuff.

Maybe you two can compare your plaid flannel shirt collections. :poke:
il_340x270.505076739_jy8w.jpg

:helper:

Back