Bridge: Schaller Tune-O-Matic and Tailpiece
Tuning Keys: Grover Sta Lite
Hardware Finish: Nickel
Pickguard: Black 5 Ply
Control Knobs: Aluminum
Strings: 10-46
Case: Hardshell Case
Weight: 8lbs 11oz

I kinda like it. Give it to me with a mastery bridge and vibrato, and I love it.

I like what’s going on here. Too many offset SG style guitars are in the uncanny valley of almost being an SG and it just makes them look cheap. This makes a strong statement like a Reverend Sensei does but an ESP Viper does not. The big assed 70s knob is cool, although I’d prefer two.

If a $2.00 knob can ruin an otherwise nice aesthetic, well, here you go...yeah, I know, it can easily be replaced, but why poison my initial impression?

ETA: and what's with the massive pickguard? Is there really a 1/3 of the body route for controls underneath it? If so, that's a lot of routing for a switch and a knob. Jeez, rear-route two smaller control pits and lose the pickguard altogether. Sheesh...:facepalm:

ETA II: Oh, and the placement of the switch is dumb, dumb, dumb...

Never mind, they ruined it. FAIL.

If a $2.00 knob can ruin an otherwise nice aesthetic, well, here you go...yeah, I know, it can easily be replaced, but why poison my initial impression?

ETA: and what's with the massive pickguard? Is there really a 1/3 of the body route for controls underneath it? If so, that's a lot of routing for a switch and a knob. Jeez, rear-route two smaller control pits and lose the pickguard altogether. Sheesh...:facepalm:

ETA II: Oh, and the placement of the switch is dumb, dumb, dumb...

Never mind, they ruined it. FAIL.

Based on the description you can probably get other control configurations that would use more of the PG. the description says volume and tone and a few other details that don't match the photo.

I kinda like it. Except the fingerboard looks dirty. And the toggle is in a stupid place.

I would totally play that though. It's different without being overstated.

Back