Down the rabbit hole again

lame. Strings are strings.

Is this guy a regular troll?

tjmicsak;18255299 said:
When I run the racks of strings I pick the packs up one at a time, sort of weighing them in my hand, looking until I find the set(s) that speak to me. I buy those and if there is more than one set I ask about buying a box of that run.

Strings are only as good as the person who plays them. I could spend a lot of effort going from string maker to string maker, but in the end if I'm not spending time practicing, I'm making a huge mistake.

A while back, I tried about a dozen brands of the same gauge and type of strings. I couldn't tell the difference between them, so I just stick to what I've always used, Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. I use them because when I used to buy strings in music stores, it was easy to point to the bright pink package so the clerk could find them.

I would love to go there and mention how I recorded an entire album using my AxeFx and D'addario XL strings, and when I went back to do punch in fixes I used a set of D'addarios after they started coloring the ball ends of the strings and the tone was very different. Same AxeFX patches, same recording settings, same guitar, same studio....the only difference was the painted ball ends, and my tone sucked. I now buy NOS original unpainted ball strings.

I would love to go there and mention how I recorded an entire album using my AxeFx and D'addario XL strings, and when I went back to do punch in fixes I used a set of D'addarios after they started coloring the ball ends of the strings and the tone was very different. Same AxeFX patches, same recording settings, same guitar, same studio....the only difference was the painted ball ends, and my tone sucked. I now buy NOS original unpainted ball strings.
Please do.

Yep, same hole, different rabbit. Or is that same shit, different flies?

Mojo is something good as opposed to something bad, which is funk. I just need to get some clarity on that because I'e heard of "bad mojo" and it kinda snarls my sense of the word.

Yep, same hole, different rabbit. Or is that same shit, different flies?

Mojo is something good as opposed to something bad, which is funk. I just need to get some clarity on that because I'e heard of "bad mojo" and it kinda snarls my sense of the word.

what's bad about funk?

Strings with mojo - okaaaaayy.

What matters most to me nowadays, is the string gauge, and whether or not the strings are nickle, and chromium free (due to my allergy to those two metals, which caused me so much grief, with my mega dermatitis a few months ago). Since there aren't many electric guitar strings that meet the above criteria, I take what I can get (for me, this means Ernie Ball Cobalt strings). Any so-called string mojo is irrelevant comparted to my concerns about being able to continue playing electric guitar.

A while back, I tried about a dozen brands of the same gauge and type of strings. I couldn't tell the difference between them, so I just stick to what I've always used, Ernie Ball Super Slinkys. I use them because when I used to buy strings in music stores, it was easy to point to the bright pink package so the clerk could find them.
haahahha I use them for the SAME reason! "i'll have two packs of Ernie Ball Greens and Two packs of Pinks"

Back