Down one 12-string, up another

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
As much as I wanted to, I couldn't get used to the narrow string spacing and thin neck on my Ric 620/12. So I sold it on Reverb and bought this (with plenty of dough left over afterwards):

kyqwj9fzig8p2n7mlvz2.jpg

It should be here early next week - report to follow.

String spacing on 12-strings make a big difference. I had trouble finger-picking on the Yamaha and Art and Lutherie 12-strings. The spacing on my Lunas seem perfect for fingerpicking.

Riks are well-known 12-strings, but I bet that Fender is nice, too.

It's funny because it looks so long, but it's not any longer than a usual Strat headstock with six-in-line. It just looks that way because of the six extra pegs on the other side and the added thickness.

All those pickup tonal options on a 12 string is really interesting. Plus all the tuning options, & you can get some unique sounds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438489637.646253.jpg

No video yet. The guy completely loosened the strings before shipping, which is good, but while I was tuning it back up two of them snapped. They appear to be old strings so I ordered a fresh set anyways. Even down two strings, I can already tell that it is easier to play than the Ric. Sounds good too. More later!

Back