Hot or Not? Double Cut Tele

I like the idea.

Really like the idea.
But not in that color. If they had done it in LPB it would have been hotter.

dct_composite_2_w_alt2.jpg

I think Dan Dunham should send a cease and desist letter.

I'm the biggest FMIC whore going, and agree that this is ... charming in it's way. But the price / color were poor choices. It shouldn't cost more than a single-cut (noted above) and butterscotch?!? REALLY!??! Why would you put a new-ish spin on a classic, and then revert to the most classic (and, in many contexts, most-boring) finish?

Paint that a translucent candy apple red over an ash body, and I ... I would start gassing.

I got an e-mail about this from Fender a few days ago. It seems OK, but I'm pretty good with my 60s Baja Tele, so it would end up being a redundant guitar.. Besides, I've tried out MIA Standard Teles, and I don't like the Modern C profile necks they have.

F.Y.I. - this is not a new concept for Fender. Back in the 90s, Fender sold a Tele with the same body style, but a Thinline, called the TC90 (due to it having 2, P90s). The aren't very common, but they're out there (I know somebody who briefly owned one last year, but got rid of it, due to the neck being kind of thin).

TC_90's.jpg

all these posted are nothing like the one in the OP (except for the one I posted)

all it is , is a tele with a double cut. It doesnt have p90s or humbuckers, or a weird bridge,
or offset, or a trem, or a goofy headstock, figured wood, or anything
that is different from a 50s tele except for the cut and contour

thats why its lame. If it had p90s or a humbucker or something different it might be cool
but a stock 50s tele with a double cut? thats it? Nope.

Back