Hot or Not? Double Cut Tele

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
tele-double-cut-620-80.jpg

http://www.fender.com/guitars/telec...double-cut-telecaster/0171505750.html#start=1

$1,499.99

A Tele With a Twist
A Telecaster with an immediately notable twist. This eye-catching design of the Limited Edition American Standard Double-Cut Telecaster looks classic and comfortable, but with that remarkable double-cutaway ash body, it’s distinctive and offbeat at the same time. Pure and rich Telecaster tone comes from a Custom Shop Twisted single-coil neck pickup and a vintage-style Custom Shop single-coil Telecaster pickup. The Butterscotch Blonde finish and black pickguard hearken back to the Telecaster’s original early-'50s era.

Features
  • Double-cutaway ash Telecaster body with Butterscotch Blonde finish
  • Maple neck with modern "C" profile and Limited Edition neck plate
  • 9.5"-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets and rolled edges
  • Custom Shop Twisted single-coil neck pickup and a vintage-style Custom Shop single-coil Telecaster pickup
  • Three-way switching
  • American Standard string-through-body Telecaster bridge with six bent steel saddles and stamped brass plate
  • Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuners

I actually like that even though I usually prefer my Tele's to remain a little more traditional.

0171505750_gtr_back_001_rl.jpg

the pickguard looks weird on top and I don't care for butterscotch. remove guard, change color, and we'll talk.

I saw that a couple of days ago, and visually I just wasn't impressed. The shape's ok, I guess, but I would have to play it to see what effect the changes have on the sound. It might be minimal, but then again, I'd have to hear it.

Back