Dorian balsa wood and spit

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/679-dorian-balsa wood and spit

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/media/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnail_210x420/dorian-balsa wood and spit-ld.jpg

$6,500.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
A mix of a Telecaster, a classical guitar, and a Steinway Piano Ö in high definition.

Ambidextrous, symmetrical design, like a vertebrate animal. The guitar is easily converted from left-handed to right-handed and vice versa.

All-mahogany construction. Maple half-top, ebony fretboard, 22 Jescar frets. Scale: 640 cm (25î) scale. In-between 628 and 648. Perfect balance, sitting down and standing up.

Two part thru-neck. Less body mass is needed, to create a big-bodied sound. The neck is more elastic than a bolted-on or glued-in neck, yet †it offers very stable tuning. No tuning corrections in-between songs necessary. Perfect playability, up to the highest frets.

Controls behind the bridge, in the line of the natural hand movement over the length of the strings. No tendency to dampen strings with your lower arm when reaching for the controls. More uniform body vibration with control cavity behind the bridge. The direction and the function of the controls is easily converted from left-handed to right-handed.

Low maintenance. Minimal number of set-up parameters. As the guitar is built right from the start, it will not need much adjustment during its life.

SPECS:
- Scale: 25"
- Body: solid Khaya mahogany with large chamber behind the bridge, in which the electronics are mounted
- Body top: quilt maple half-top
- Neck: two-part Khaya mahogany thru-neck
- Neck profile: VDM-profile (V near headstock, D between 3rd fret and 7th fret, M (ditch) starting from 8th fret)
- Fretboard: ebony, compound radius 8"-14", routed instead of sawn fret slots, hence the illusion of binding.
- Frets: Jescar medium jumbo, standard nickel-Zinc-copper alloy
- Nut material: graphite/epoxy
- Nut width: 43mm (1 5/8")
- String spacing at 12th fret: 56mm (2 1/5")
- String spacing at bridge: 52mm (2")
- Bridge: milled solid bell brass 1-piece left-right quick-change type. Original Dorian design

- Pickups: Dorian/H‰ussel Tronebuckers - narrow window humbuckers with 4mm of space between the coils, low output signal voltage of just over 120 mV. Designed specifically for Dorian.
- Pickup covers: slotted Dorian 'pentacovers', with three-point suspension. The slots prevent the strings from hitting the polepieces when snapped or slapped. The three-point suspension allows for adjustment of the tilt of the PU's
- Standard three-way toggle switch: Neck PU/Both PUs in parallel/bridge PU
- Controls: master volume, master tone
- Machine heads: Grover Rotomatic type
- Strings: D'Addario 'Balanced Tension' nickel plated steel 010-046

PRICING INFO:
- $6500.00

:bfp:

I respect the originality, but for all that effort, the end result is not appealing in the least (to me).

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........ >gasp<... HHAAAaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....................

The link she no work.

Not Found
The requested URL /component/hikashop/item/679-dorian-balsa wood and spit was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'll take useless instruments for $100.
108023835_a_l.jpg

The link she no work.

Not Found
The requested URL /component/hikashop/item/679-dorian-balsa wood and spit was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This

I like it. I'd like it a lot more if I were ambidextrous, but I'm not, so there goes half its usefulness. Maybe I should demand they sell it to me for half price.

Back