WTF: Don't you love it when....

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
you share a finished product on the internet and people start listing the things that you need to change? Like "redo the mix on this one song because I don't think there is enough reverb" or "You need more rack tom on this song". What part of "it's done, mixed, mastered and distributed" don't you get?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413843789.025648.jpg

I also had someone essentially critique the production of my first Truefire video on HC.

Okay, you have a great speaking voice but you're speaking inside a cave. That's a bit distracting to the audience. Dampen that. Next, when you're illustrating the finger placements the guitar is drowning you out. Come down a smidge on the amp. Last, slow it down a bit. You're speaking at a speed that tells everybody you know your stuff. Slow down and speak to an audience that doesn't know it.

The material is pretty much boiler plate blues and that's what you want. But, the delivery can be tweaked a bit. Thanks for putting that up.

At least my teaching is "boiler plate" :rolleyes: . I guess when you are generating a completely self produced product you need to be a complete master of every element of it. And to be honest, the video I put together yesterday addresses some of the issues that he brought up that I agree (since I am learning the basics of video editing, audio sync with picture, lighting and all of the other things that go with modern video production while I am producing these videos) with but why should I give a fuck what someone has to say when they are a complete stranger on the internet talking down to me like I'm a fucking 8 year old?

Some people are people too I guess.... They're gonna take what they can take out of anything and critisize the rest....

I stay clear of them...at all cost....

I tend to gravitate towards positive thinkers....

Anyway...My Mom is an Opera singing style person and her husband is a stick in the mud..

I've taken my Mom to see Tom Petty and Neil Young,live........She fucking loved it.......Came right out of her body and danced herself into the night...

I've recently introduced her to ACDC..She had a bit of a hard time trying to follow the harshness of the music,(she doesn't like it when she can't make out the lyrics)...

I told her to move,and think only of, the beat.......When you're ready everything else will fall in place....

She gets them now.........She says now the beat is very danceable and the rest is gravy..

My kids saw ACDC a few years back and now my quest is on to get my Mom to see them live before it's too late..........

Last edited:
you share a finished product on the internet and people start listing the things that you need to change? Like "redo the mix on this one song because I don't think there is enough reverb" or "You need more rack tom on this song". What part of "it's done, mixed, mastered and distributed" don't you get?

Mark, you should capitalize the Y in you. Instead of "Like" it would sound more sophisticated if you said "For example". Also, this font is really expressing what you're really trying to say. You might want to go up a half size as well.

Oh yeah, there's a dog on your balls!!! :thu:

I'd put the period before the quotation mark in the second sentence.

I cracked up at this. Well played.

Ironically, I think internet forums are to blame for this. People tend to get on forums and continuously try to prove they are the expert. They get to a point where they think everything everyone says was put there to be critiqued.

You shouldn't have worn sandals when you stepped on that one effects pedal. It affected the crystal lettuce coming out of your amp :embarrassed:

I also had someone essentially critique the production of my first Truefire video on HC.

At least my teaching is "boiler plate" :rolleyes: . I guess when you are generating a completely self produced product you need to be a complete master of every element of it. And to be honest, the video I put together yesterday addresses some of the issues that he brought up that I agree (since I am learning the basics of video editing, audio sync with picture, lighting and all of the other things that go with modern video production while I am producing these videos) with but why should I give a fuck what someone has to say when they are a complete stranger on the internet talking down to me like I'm a fucking 8 year old?
Fuck you for putting out free content to help people! Dick.

Fuck you for putting out free content to help people! Dick.
Yeah. My bad.

Actually most people have been really cool. This is the only person who's said anything about the Truefire lessons so far.I just get tired of this kind of thing in general.

Back