Don't forget it is LeMans this weekend....

yep.....not gonna see it. not being broadcast at all. don't have cable and don't have smart phone and wouldn't watch it on a phone anyway.
and the fox greed continues.

Reactions: Tig
Yeah...So Fox makes it seem as if they are going to be doing extensive (re: The whole fucking 24 hours) broadcasting of the race. So the race started at 0530 hours west coast and since I have to wake up early during the week saturday is my sleep time. No problem, I will get up at a reasonable hour and watch on either FS2 or live stream by Fox, right?

I mean the last time I was able to watch the race, in 2012, I was able to watch the whole fucking 24 hours on Speed, you know: the channel that became Fox Sports 1? I wake up this AM and no race. flip the guide and see that Fox is broadcasting a whopping nine whole hours of the race! Including the first four hours I missed and the 0530 to 0730 airing tomorrow morning.

Way to go Fox!

Oh yeah, no live stream anywhere to be found in the US unless it is from a cockpit cam. Oh wait...Fox is streaming the cockpit cam from the one remaining Corvette in the race, if it has not already dropped out. I don't know because I cannot watch the fucking race.

Sorry, just a little peeved at the bait and switch done by Fox.

Guess I will get my racing fix by spending more time than I had planned playing Project Cars.

Fox Go has been streaming the entire race. I've been watching it all day. Full coverage, not just a shot from inside the one corvette.

EDIT: It looks like they dump you from the Go app when it is back on one of the Fox channels on your cable TV. Can't give up on that advert revenue, I guess.

Fuck Fox in their stupid meathead faces. How hard is it to just leave the fucking race coverage going online all the time? Idiots.

They really did a shitty job of covering the race this year.

Last edited:
Fox Go has been streaming the entire race. I've been watching it all day. Full coverage, not just a shot from inside the one corvette.

EDIT: It looks like they dump you from the Go app when it is back on one of the Fox channels on your cable TV. Can't give up on that advert revenue, I guess.

Fuck Fox in their stupid meathead faces. How hard is it to just leave the fucking race coverage going online all the time? Idiots.

They really did a shitty job of covering the race this year.

I cannot get the live stream other than the vette cam on-line unless the race is being shown on tv too. Otherwise it has been all soccer and NECKCAR all the time.

That pit stop fire involving a Farrari looked kinda' toasty at first. I'm glad they put it out quickly and no injuries were reported.

Is American Pharoh the favorite again?
American Pharoah got crushed by Porsche. It wasn't much of a contest, with Porsche's 900+ hp vs. American Pharoah's one.

I'm glad someone finally spanked Audi, and as a Porsche fan, I'm glad it was them. Nice to see Patrick Dempsey on the podium, too.

If there were any doubts that Hulkenberg is a world class driver stuck in a series of mediocre cars in F1, the Le Mans overall win should put them to rest.

Reactions: OGG
And, I'm guessing this gets him an upgrade in f1 next year, and I'm guessing Kimi's seat is the most vulnerable (sadly, as I am a fan).

And, I'm guessing this gets him an upgrade in f1 next year, and I'm guessing Kimi's seat is the most vulnerable (sadly, as I am a fan).
A good chance of that. David Hobbs has been advocating for Nico H to get a Ferrari seat for several years now. Not that the crazy old drunk bastard has any influence in the matter, but he seems to be sharing a widely held opinion.

Love Kimi, but I think he's done. He hasn't been competitive since his back injury, and I suspect he is worse off than he lets on. The fact that in successive seasons, he has been completely outpaced by both Alonso and Vettel in virtually identical cars, tells me he isn't right. A few years ago, he could have easily held his own with either one of them.

He needs to get a TV show that has him in the Gordon Ramsey roll of a reality show where young drivers vie for an exclusive seat. Hell's Racetrack...

I can totally see him going full Gordo on some punk kid for braking too early.

I cannot get the live stream other than the vette cam on-line unless the race is being shown on tv too. Otherwise it has been all soccer and NECKCAR all the time.
Finally found the live stream and watched it for a few hours before the overnight broadcast came on.

One point I would like to make about the P1 cars: In another thread we talked about how F1, and open wheeled racing, is kinda..well...shitty at this time.

I believe it was OGG that said open wheel is the pinnacle of racing. While that may be true as of now I think that with the performance showed by the P1 cars at Le Mans that may be changing unless open wheel, in particular F1, pulls its collective head out if it's nether orifices.

Point: F1 now has hybrid cars. P1 cars have been hybrid since 2113 with the Audi, Peugeot's and Toyota and now with the Porsche's in the mix. There was no need for DRS buttons or opening wings to go faster.

The tires last much longer on P1 cars and they are going almost as fast as F1 cars.

Yesterday the Porsche's ran 3:embarrassed:9's at Le Mans. That is flying and that is after the ACO changed the rules to slow the cars down. While they will have hard time matching the 1981 record of and avg of (IIRC) 236 on the Mulsanne Straight (Pre-chicanes) they were making time up while cornering! All one had to do was watch the P1's go through the Ford Chicanes and see the speed they were carrying in what is supposed to be one of the slowest parts of the track.

Audi has been winning with diesel engines and then hybrid diesels! While they did not win the 24 this year they were there for much of the race.

Watching sports cars is just funner IMO. F1 and open wheeled racing in particular needs to get with the times.

Happy to see Ford will be back next year.

F1 is a victim of Bernie Ecelstone's unyielding penchant for fixing what isn't broken.

Some of the changes made during his reign have been for the better, most have not.

Slowing the cars down, had to be done. As cool as it was to see F1 cars reaching ludicrous speeds down the straights, I sincerely believe that they were just too fast to remain as safe as they've been since the loss of Senna.

Technically, "hybrid" has been an element of F1 cars for many years. KERS was the first foray into hybrid supplemental power. They now have a second onboard energy capture/discharge component.

DRS is a great feature, but its implementation sucks. If they allow cars within 5 seconds (or more) to engage DRS, it would be fantastic. As it is currently, by the time DRS is enabled, Vettel or Hamilton has dashed out to a 3 or 4 second lead and the race is pretty much decided.

Tire wear is also ALL on Bernie. People want to pile on Pirrelli, but they are just building what he tells them to.

"Pay Drivers" should not be allowed. Yes, F1 is crazy expensive, if you can't afford to field cars without putting an asshat like Pastor Maldonado in one of them because he brings sponsorship money, pick another series.

In season testing and modification should be at least minimally allowed. Not allowing it is insanity. If your car is shit in Australia, it's going to be shit all year. Game over.

Conversely, teams lucky enough to start the season with a fast car are all but assured regular podiums.

I would love to see a team like McLaren that's been floundering all season, come back from a 2 or 3 week break in the calendar and shock the shit out of everyone when the time off allowed them to sort the car.

Bernie needs to retire.

American Pharoah got crushed by Porsche. It wasn't much of a contest, with Porsche's 900+ hp vs. American Pharoah's one.

I'm glad someone finally spanked Audi, and as a Porsche fan, I'm glad it was them. Nice to see Patrick Dempsey on the podium, too.

You do know that Audi is owned by VW, of which Porsche owns 50.1% of VW?

Kinda like when Bentley won the 24 of Le Mans in 2003; the Bentley was a re-skinned Audi and driven by factory Audi drivers. Tom Kristenson got one of his Le Mans wins driving that Audi.

F1 is a victim of Bernie Ecelstone's unyielding penchant for fixing what isn't broken.

Some of the changes made during his reign have been for the better, most have not.

Slowing the cars down, had to be done. As cool as it was to see F1 cars reaching ludicrous speeds down the straights, I sincerely believe that they were just too fast to remain as safe as they've been since the loss of Senna.

Technically, "hybrid" has been an element of F1 cars for many years. KERS was the first foray into hybrid supplemental power. They now have a second onboard energy capture/discharge component.

DRS is a great feature, but its implementation sucks. If they allow cars within 5 seconds (or more) to engage DRS, it would be fantastic. As it is currently, by the time DRS is enabled, Vettel or Hamilton has dashed out to a 3 or 4 second lead and the race is pretty much decided.

Tire wear is also ALL on Bernie. People want to pile on Pirrelli, but they are just building what he tells them to.

"Pay Drivers" should not be allowed. Yes, F1 is crazy expensive, if you can't afford to field cars without putting an asshat like Pastor Maldonado in one of them because he brings sponsorship money, pick another series.

In season testing and modification should be at least minimally allowed. Not allowing it is insanity. If your car is shit in Australia, it's going to be shit all year. Game over.

Conversely, teams lucky enough to start the season with a fast car are all but assured regular podiums.

I would love to see a team like McLaren that's been floundering all season, come back from a 2 or 3 week break in the calendar and shock the shit out of everyone when the time off allowed them to sort the car.

Bernie needs to retire.

Never was a big fan of Uncle Bernie.

Seems KERS came out in sports cars and F1 the same year; Peugeot came out with a KERS system for their P1 cars that year.

Tires in F1: :facepalm:. I know those are on Bernie too.

Pay drivers have been a part of F1 for as long as I can remember. If you can get a superlicense (if you have enough money it seems you can) you can drive. Again, if you have enough money.

The thing is that there are many pay drivers in sports car racing yet they do not seem to have the issues that pay drivers have in F1. Perhaps it is the cars they are driving.

Yes, the ban on in-season testing and mods is ridiculous. F1 says it is a money issue for the smaller teams but, like you said: slow in Australia, slow all year long. As a team owner I would hesitate to throw my money on a team that has no hope of being competitive from day one due to inability to test.

McLaren, Tyrell, Lotus, Brabham, Williams, etc...None of them would have gotten to the pinnacle of the sport without in-season testing and tweaking. Hell, KERS came about from an in-season change.

Don't get me wrong: I like F1, it just is not like it was "back in the day". To me it is too sterile and, honestly, seems contrived at times.

I missed the entire race. I don't have FS2 and the times it was on FS1 I couldn't watch, and they wanted $10 for their app. No thanks. I really miss watching this race.:(

Back