Donner Pedals

I got their boost pedal for $30 and it seems pretty freaking sweet. I struggled with Fred about it last week.

I've never tried them either, but you have to wonder with a lot of these Chinese pedals...if they're not exactly the same circuit boards and manufacturers as some of the brand names (e.g. Moor). Most pedals have pretty simple, 2-layer boards and not a lot of components. With modern pick-and-place SMT machines, they can't cost more than a few bucks to produce in quantity. I suspect the profit margins are pretty high with name brand/boutique pedals (unless they are truly hand assembled). It would not surprise me a bit if companies like Moor contract the assembly of their pedals offshore, which are then sold/copied by companies like Donner. I also suspect there are several Youtube videos with side by side comparisons to help you answer your questions.

I know for a fact that Dr. J pedals are made in the same factory as Joyo.

I have 2 joyo pedals a delay and a chorus. They both sounded good, but the delay is busted now. It has never left my house and was used lightly. When you kick it on, it just gives a high pitched squeal. The chorus still works. Maybe the delay was the odd one, or maybe the chorus is. I won't buy from the cheapos again.

How do they taste?
hungry.gif

Back