does this wah pedal exist

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So I was thinking that this could be a cool idea for a wah pedal. does it exist?

First, I like the Morley idea of the wah turning on as soon as you touch it instead of having to click it on by pressing all the way forward.

Next, I'd like there to be a knob on the side so you could set a cocked wah function that could be engaged with a button on the top of the wah.

Then for added fun, another button that turns it into a volume pedal.

That would be killer

You're talking about having two separate wah inductors, though -- one for the fixed, one for the treadle. Pricey.

Use this along with whatever regular wah you want.

ccnu55heu1daztpe2nzp.jpg

I run a regular wah alongside a cocked wah pedal. To me the Daredevil Pedals Atomic Cock sounds better than the EH Cock Fight. But your idea sounds like a good, but probably spendy, one.

My Gig-Fx Mega Wah automatically kicks on when the wah treadle is moved forward more than a few centimeters, but it's not spring loaded so you can leave it half cocked. Just pull it all the way back (or tap on the heel portion) and it switches off. There are two mini pots inside where you can adjust the off point and how many milliseconds before it shuts off when pulled all the way back.

There's also four modes, vintage wah, deep (Mega) wah, envelope wah, and auto wah (when you pick harder)... then there are gain and Q settings. I like to set it with a little boost so when the wah goes out of phase, the volume doesn't drop.

The only thing it doesn't do is turn to a volume pedal. It would be nice if that was one of the modes.

auxzxzzwvjv8c3eimhdz.jpg

@mystixboi1

Actually... they make your wah.

http://www.gig-fx.com/products/mega-wah/

I have the Frampton MegaWah... they have a red Mega Wah with 6 modes.... one of them is volume

• Classic Wah: The original analog classic Wah sound, mono or stereo in a lightweight, noise-free optically controlled package
  • Mega Wah: We took the classsic wah and put it on steroids. Tons more OOOMPH on the bass frequencies and a tooth-rattling upper end.
  • Trig Wah: The Mega-Wah sound triggered by a note. Sounds awesomely funky.
  • Auto Wah: Why buy a pedal wah, envelope filter and auto-wah? This pedal does them all!
  • Stereo Wah: Two circuits give twice the Wah and can be used in a stereo effects train.
  • Stereo Reverse Wah: Flick a switch and reverse one channel for a neat melodic effect.
  • Volume Pedal: At the flick of another switch, the pedal becomes a foot volume control.
mega-wah-controls.jpg

Back