Does this sound crazy?

telecaster911

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Im in a dirt box lull. Looking to try something other than the OCD. Something less smooth. Like ratty old cranked Marshall.

I've also thought about getting a pink taco and set it on top of the Holland with a head switcher. This would be a killer clean/ dirty rig I think.

I'd have just the fatboost on the floor with the head switcher to nudge either amp. The Holland has a killer reverb and I'd run a low level delay in the loop of the taco. I think it'd be a killer rig.

I also thought about getting the BE-OD pedal but I think the pink taco would probably sound better.

Crazy?

How well do head switchers work?

Never used a head switcher. I used to run 2 amps, but they each had their own cabs. I bet it will sound awesome. I have been looking at those 20 watt Freidmans too. They sound pretty killer.

you got roadies?

my plan for gigs, what works best for me, is: keep it simple stupid. maybe it would work great for you but i just prefer using one amp to keep setup and tear down and load in and load out as easy as possible. the more things you add the more things could go wrong and the more things you have to troubleshoot while a room full of people are staring at you. on paper, on a forum it may sound really simple to add another amp but out in the wild even dead simple rigs will run into problems.

very rarely does my band play first. so its always a huge rush to get setup and tore down so the next band can start. i like to get setup fast and i get stressed when shit isnt working and it throws off my performance.

Oh. Ok I thought maybe you thought it wouldn't be loud enough or something along those lines. I always bring an extra amp anyway.

Another option would be sell what I have and buy a runt 50. What I lose there is the clean/reverb and dirty/delay without hitting a few pedals. Plus I'm not that interested in selling the Holland.

you got roadies?

my plan for gigs, what works best for me, is: keep it simple stupid. maybe it would work great for you but i just prefer using one amp to keep setup and tear down and load in and load out as easy as possible. the more things you add the more things could go wrong and the more things you have to troubleshoot while a room full of people are staring at you. on paper, on a forum it may sound really simple to add another amp but out in the wild even dead simple rigs will run into problems.

very rarely does my band play first. so its always a huge rush to get setup and tore down so the next band can start. i like to get setup fast and i get stressed when shit isnt working and it throws off my performance.

When I used 2 amps, I had a Boos line selector to toggle between them. I changed the battery before every show and had no effects. It was less to troubleshoot than a board full of pedals.

word. different strokes for different folks i guess. i love the things my crazy pedals can do and both channels on my amp are sweet so it works for me.

have you played the runt? i was pumped about it when it came out but i have read some reviews lately that kinda turned me off. id like to try one in person but no one around here has one.

word. different strokes for different folks i guess. i love the things my crazy pedals can do and both channels on my amp are sweet so it works for me.

have you played the runt? i was pumped about it when it came out but i have read some reviews lately that kinda turned me off. id like to try one in person but no one around here has one.

Yeah, I was in a 2 guitar band at the time. The other guitar player (my brother in law) had a board that makes Mark's big board look small and our bass player had more pedals than any bass player I have ever seen. If I had a board, it would have been a sonic mush. I was holding down the straight tone.

A band mate had the Morley ABY. Nothing overly involved but he liked it.
Also Lovepedal Superlead if they are still around for old Marshall tone. Unless you mean more like Bluesbreaker territory.

I have not played the runt. I think @ellengtrgrl has one. Maybe she'll give a review.

Actually I no longer have it. It's a nice amp, that's 80s Marshall sound wise, and like 80s Marshalls, you have to crank it to really get a beefy sound. I can't always do that. I ended up testing out my (then) re-fretted Gibson ES-135, when I picked it up, through a 90s era Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket 20, and I liked it so much, that I ended up trading in my Freidman Runt 20 (with the guitar shop throwing in some cash to me as a part of the deal) for it. The Subway Rocket more than meets my needs. It sounds great at both high and low volumes, both clean or dirty.

Don't get me wrong, the Runt 20 is a great amp (it just turned out that it wasn't my sound - not enough low end beef for my taste). It does weigh a ton though.

Last edited:
Actually I no longer have it. It's a nice amp, that's 80s Marshall sound wise, and like 80s Marshalls, you have to crank it to really get a beefy sound. I can't always do that. I ended up testing out my (then) re-fretted Gibson ES-135, when I picked it up, through a 90s era Mesa Boogie Subway Rocket 20, and I liked it so much, that I ended up trading it my Freidman Runt 20 (with the guitar shop throwing in some cash to me as a part of the deal) for it. The Subway Rocket more than meets my needs. It sounds great at both high and low volumes, both clean or dirty.

Don't get me wrong, the Runt 20 is a great amp (it just turned out that it wasn't my sound - not enough low end beef for my taste). It does weigh a ton though.

The Rocket is a cool amp. I've had mine for 20 years. I keep saying I'm gonna sell it, but never do.

Back