Does this seem fishy to anyone else?

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
903e92ac2612a7faa091f33c4e073fa6.jpg

Thoughts before I check with reverb?

Wait til payment clears before shipping? Stipulate that this cousin immediately sends pictures of the shipping box and item and describe the condition of everything upon receipt?

If it's Reverb, you will get confirmation when the funds hit your account. Let the buyer know you will ship then and only then, and you should be golden. Where the cousin is doesn't matter as long as the dinero is in your account.

This seems sketchy, but I see foreign kids on UG all the time planning US guitar buys because there are no good guitar shops in their countries. Ask Reverb before you do anything, if this is a scam they probably see it twenty times a day.

This seems sketchy, but I see foreign kids on UG all the time planning US guitar buys because there are no good guitar shops in their countries. Ask Reverb before you do anything, if this is a scam they probably see it twenty times a day.

If the funds go through Reverb and hit your bank account, I fail to see how it can be a scam. If the funds don't get to your account (Reverb waits for the funds to clear before they post to your account) then you will know it's a scam...

Yep, I've thought of buying a guitar and having a relative carry it over a "their luggage" over here. Shipping costs a bundle and then I'd have to pay tariff.

Have them carry it over as their personal instrument and leave it here. Ooops,...

The address is an actual house, not some shady warehouse or anything. Not that that means anything but that was the only info google had on it. Does the dude have any feedback?

That house is in my town. If it goes wrong, I can go there and collect your money/items.

We have a lot of people in town that are from the islands and have extended families there, so his story about living in Trinidad isn't that abnormal. He is probably trying to save on taxes/import duties or get something you can't get in Trinidad. I know all the people I know from Dominica or Grenada have family who come up here to buy electronics and other high end stuff you can't find back home.

The house is in an older part of town, but certainly not in a bad area. I think houses in that area are typically 200-250K. Not that someone with a nice place can't rip you off, but it seems a bit less likely than if it was in a bad part of town.

Back