Do you take tons of pictures of yourself/selves on vacations?

Theodore

I gotta move
My brother and SIL do this. I find it really bizarre and pointless. They're not Millenials and they don't have kids, so I don't see any excuses.

Last edited:
I use to then later in life I found I remember taking the photo but not experiencing the life. I've since slowed way way way down and concentrate on living the moment and being free. I can always watch or see the same photo someone has taken on line somewhere.

Reactions: Tig
I'll take a lot of places we visit, but not of ourselves.
The beauty of a digital camera is you can keep only the best photos and delete the rest.
Looking back, I wish I had taken more photos of family and friends when we were growing up.

nudge-nudge-monty-python-155.jpg

Snap snap,grin grin wink wink. say no more.

A few because they make the Missus happy to have us both in the photo, but mostly its just the sights if I can have it my way.

I don't take tons of pictures of anything when I'm on vacation because I'd rather be doing stuff (and eating stuff!) than taking pictures of stuff, but I have actually found that years down the line, I appreciate pictures of people more than landscapes, or landmarks, or whatever. Not generally the typical heres-someone-posed-in-front-of-a-landmark sort of picture, but pictures of friends/family doing stuff while on vacation trigger memories way better than just a picture of a beach/mountain/castle/whatever. YMMV.

I don't take tons of pictures of anything when I'm on vacation because I'd rather be doing stuff (and eating stuff!) than taking pictures of stuff, but I have actually found that years down the line, I appreciate pictures of people more than landscapes, or landmarks, or whatever. Not generally the typical heres-someone-posed-in-front-of-a-landmark sort of picture, but pictures of friends/family doing stuff while on vacation trigger memories way better than just a picture of a beach/mountain/castle/whatever. YMMV.

bad-vacation-pictures-dumpaday-21.jpg

Back