Do you like this guitar and is it worth $450?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fanuvbrak, Mar 9, 2010.

Mar 9, 2010
  1. fanuvbrak Guest

[​IMG]
    2007 Epiphone Custom Shop SG Deluxe, (front/back), (headstock), (case). Limited Edition model which was produced in very low number for each of Epiphone's top dealers. Features include set-neck construction with solid mahogany body with a stunning flamed maple top, gold hardware, Alnico V humbuckers, slim taper mahogany neck, Grover tuners, Custom Shop seal on back of headstock, Tuneomatic bridge and stop tailpiece, and small '61 style pickguard. This guitar features a gloss finish over a blue stain - looks the same as PRS Blue Matteo over the maple, while it's darker on back over the mahogany. The combination of light blue stain and gold hardware makes it a great looking stage guitar and the low setup and sweet SG tone make it even better. Appears to be unplayed except for a few minor pickguard scratches and overall nicer than many new guitars hanging in your local store. With a nice arched top SG case, a nice buy at $450.

Howie need not respond.

2. Mar 9, 2010
  3. baimun Spuckhafte Ferwirklung

Um....

Not a fan of SGs.... the blue flame is very Myxstix-y.... He may like it, I'm going to say pass.

4. Mar 9, 2010
  5. Sad Navigator Banned

That is not the SG I am looking for.

6. Mar 9, 2010
  7. fanuvbrak Guest

I don't think it's the SG anyone's looking for.

8. Mar 9, 2010
  9. Mark Wein :mad:

I hate it.

10. Mar 9, 2010
  11. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

No and no.......

I used to own a Ephiphone Limited Edition Custom Shop LP. Meh best described it........

12. Mar 9, 2010
  13. It's awful

14. Mar 9, 2010
  15. Aahzz Habanero Evangelist

Nope and probably not

16. Mar 9, 2010
  17. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

18. Mar 9, 2010
  19. Psychotronic Bored Silly

I like it. I'd consider it if I wanted an SG, and if it didn't say "Epiphone" on it.

20. Mar 9, 2010
  21. Kerouac weird musical dildo

If it didn't have gold hardware it would be a maybe.

22. Mar 9, 2010
  23. Jeremy Also no borders.

No and no.

24. Mar 9, 2010
  25. Jake S. n00b

I love that color...I'm gonna go with yes and yes.

26. Mar 9, 2010
  27. Dew Knot Hump Sausager

No and no, you can get a faded Gibson SG in that price range that is going to sound, play and look much better.

Sometimes I wish I would have kept my SG, it was a 1970 Gibson SG Special with two p90s, the exact same guitar Pete Townshend bashed Abbey Hoffman in the head with at Woodstock.

28. Mar 9, 2010
  29. cfgsteak n00b

Dont like it at all.

30. Mar 9, 2010
  31. FenderPusher Beardcore Apologist

This.

32. Mar 9, 2010
  33. Ronk n00b

I hate the EPI headstock. If they are going to copy the body why not just make the headstock look good too.

34. Mar 9, 2010
  35. Jake S. n00b

Seeing it on my computer instead of my iPod sticks the flaws out more. :weebz:

Gold hardware and headstock need to go. Other than that beautiful guitar IMO....

36. Mar 9, 2010
  37. No and no.

Even at UK prices I wouldn't pay that for it.

38. Mar 9, 2010
  39. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

headstock sniffers. :rolleyes: