Do you have a terrestrial oldies station?

Theodore

I gotta move
I think we've been without a 50s and early 60s station for at least five years. One just returned to springpiss so now shit like

is in my head all day.

ps I didn't realize that The Wanderer is about a sexual predator.

huh. I've never really thought about it, but I just realized I haven't listen to a terrestrial radio station other than NPR for at least a decade... wow.

Denver has had a couple for a long time. Back in my DJ days I was subbing on the main FM one (Kool 105). I was more than likely on my way to 'making it' as a DJ when the program director, who knew me, quit to become a professional gambler in Vegas. That ended my shot in that station and not long after I got away from the career entirely.

that said - I don't listen to the stations.

Well....we have to define "oldies". Years ago a "new" station came on the air in my area that played oldies....all the fifties/sixties stuff. Then as the station itself got older the oldies they played changed to 70's and now as we move forward they are playing 80's music. So basically, even though most of us would define oldies as 50's, the fact that the local station that keeps updating their oldies library keeps changing the world definition of an oldie.

Well....we have to define "oldies". Years ago a "new" station came on the air in my area that played oldies....all the fifties/sixties stuff. Then as the station itself got older the oldies they played changed to 70's and now as we move forward they are playing 80's music. So basically, even though most of us would define oldies as 50's, the fact that the local station that keeps updating their oldies library keeps changing the world definition of an oldie.
Yep, "old" keeps changing. I usually find now that "oldies" refers to 50s to mid 60s, "classic" refers to later 60s through the late 70s. Then there the the "hits of the 80s, 90s, and today type stations. My favorite is when the "light rock" stations are playing Van Halen.

Yes, but they consider 70's and 80's as oldies. It was sobering when I first heard music I purchased as a kid on an OLDIES station. :(

huh. I've never really thought about it, but I just realized I haven't listen to a terrestrial radio station other than NPR for at least a decade... wow.
same here except minus NPR. I just see no need to listen to "radio radio". The normal time to listen to "radio radio" would be during work hours but I just can't concentrate with it going on. First thing I do when entering a customers car is to turn their radio off.

I am 100% convinced that growing up listening to oldies had a huge impact in the kind of musician I am today. For better or worse.

Back