Do you have a Les Paul killer?

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Do you have a guitar that satisfies your GAS for a les paul? Maybe it's the tone or the feel.... Or something else.

If so, what is it?

Here's mine.... Eb mm luke III and y2d

B18C0AA8-6594-4583-8980-22EDF0A8E6F3.jpg

Great fat tone without being a LP.

No guitar can replace a Les Paul guitar. They play different, feel different and sound different. Even two Les Paul's side by side are not the same.

It is all in mind of what one wants and plays.

I don't need one. I owned a Les Paul once. I played it for half a gig and sold it the next day. There was not a thing about it that I liked.

Kauer's Starliners are probably the closest thing I've tried to a "Les Paul killer". His remind me of the Historic Les Pauls from the Custom Shop.

Another one that gets close (but not as close) is the James Tyler Variax JTV-59. I have the P-90 version, and it works great for cover band stuff with multiple tunings. The build quality is pretty similar to a Les Paul Standard.
ajepatar.jpg

I have all the toanz I need, no question. Between my SGs and PRSi of various scale lengths, if I can't dial in a sound it's on me. I just like the look of Les Pauls. I have satisfied that through the years with Heritage, PRS SC245s, and the real thing. I'd like to eventually have another 245, but I've probably owned my last LP.

I own two Les Pauls and they each have a very specific quality to them due to differences in construction and they are a couple of lucky finds. My McFeely 454 keeps me from needing to bring the Les Pauls to gigs but all three of the guitars (McFeely included) have very unique voices. Its apples and oranges. the 454 is kinda like a fantastic "Orpple" though.

$T2eC16F,!y8E9s2fjEp-BRPD(DtG2Q~~60_57.JPG

beats the modern Gibsons: Ebony fretboard, no weight relief, Gotoh tuners, Seymour Duncan humbuckers and tonePros hardware

Back