Do we have any Ableton Live users in the house?

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
I used to do a lot of sample looping and track building in Sony Acid and Ableton looks to have all of that ability wrapped up in drum machine and keyboard hits and much much more.

Zzounds has a special running with the software and their deluxe Push 2 interface and I'm intrigued.

I have it, use it when I must, and I absolutely hate it beyond words. As ancient and decrepit as ACID PRO is, it's still nearly as capable, and a GAZILLION times easier to work with. The user interface in Ableton is a steaming turd of counter-intuitive bollocks and a complete lack of immediate access to key features while being way too busy with the extraneous shit you will never need or use. It's like trying to use Cubase in Russian Cyrillic while wearing dark tinted 3D glasses and standing on your head holding an open container of Nitro Glycerin between your feet while a fan blows black pepper in your face and your childhood nemesis stands in the corner yelling insults about your mom at you and kicking your blind, deaf, 3 - legged dog.

I have it, use it when I must, and I absolutely hate it beyond words. As ancient and decrepit as ACID PRO is, it's still nearly as capable, and a GAZILLION times easier to work with. The user interface in Ableton is a steaming turd of counter-intuitive bollocks and a complete lack of immediate access to key features while being way too busy with the extraneous shit you will never need or use. It's like trying to use Cubase in Russian Cyrillic while wearing dark tinted 3D glasses and standing on your head holding an open container of Nitro Glycerin between your feet while a fan blows black pepper in your face and your childhood nemesis stands in the corner yelling insults about your mom at you and kicking your blind, deaf, 3 - legged dog.

So what you're saying is you're ambivalent about it. :helper:

Back