Do I need another project?

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
'cause this is mighty bad ass

20140907_162746.jpg

the one car that had the biggest advances in automotive technology (at the time) and yet the ugliest car ever built.

I don't know much about cars. But I think my grandparents had a similar car, a Mercury (?) a few years newer than that one. I remember vividly the reverse sloping back window.

I don't know much about cars. But I think my grandparents had a similar car, a Mercury (?) a few years newer than that one. I remember vividly the reverse sloping back window.

Close...Continental MK III

Hurts my hands just sitting there. I restored a 73 Ford F100 Pik'em'up truck just because. Not much to it so I can't say it was a huge effort. But, it had market appeal. That car has all the makings of a huge effort and low to zero market appeal after completion. I wouldn't take it on.

That could be the most awesome lowrider pimpmobile ever. :thu:

Looks like it needs a lot of work though - maybe I'm reading too much into the missing headlights and grill, but it looks like just a shell. At least the body looks rust-free and sound.

Being in fresh primer like that, it looks to have had recent body work done. Hopefully all the bightwork is still with the car, boxed up.

That'd be a bad-ass project, but be on the lookout for a lot of body work. It is over 50, so you know it's there.

oh yea.....btw.....i had an uncle who bought a '64 Merc Maurder.......and dropped a Ford 427 SOHC in it with a GMC 6-71 supercharger and twin 650 holleys.....man could that thing lay rubber.....like for a mile.

maybe turn it into the ultimate sleeper.......big lincoln on the outside.....600 horsepower under the hood :thu:

Back