Do I have any real need for this? Hell NO! Do I want it? YESSS!!!

Dogsinplastic

avuncular to no one
I love this stuff:

Skip to Boss MD-500 section (link in the vid info section...have to expand, but starts at 31:15). The Boss mod pedals are the ones I heard and wanted growing up. This sounds great, probably better than originals.

My only problem with these all-in-one modulation pedals is there's some modulation I want before dirt, and some I want after. So I just stick with my single pedals.

From the copy on Boss's site:

"A/B Simul mode further extends the MD-500’s versatility by letting you run two patches at once. A selectable series or parallel connection enables all sorts of tone-shaping possibilities, and you can even send each effect to its own separate output if you like. The MD-500 also features an external loop that lets you insert gain and drive pedals and set the ideal effect order on a per-patch basis. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before a drive pedal in one patch, and a chorus or flanger after the drive in the next. And when you’re in A/B Simul mode, it’s even possible to position the loop between two different mod effects."

So now it's even more desirable.

From the copy on Boss's site:

"A/B Simul mode further extends the MD-500’s versatility by letting you run two patches at once. A selectable series or parallel connection enables all sorts of tone-shaping possibilities, and you can even send each effect to its own separate output if you like. The MD-500 also features an external loop that lets you insert gain and drive pedals and set the ideal effect order on a per-patch basis. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before a drive pedal in one patch, and a chorus or flanger after the drive in the next. And when you’re in A/B Simul mode, it’s even possible to position the loop between two different mod effects."

So now it's even more desirable.

Let's talk about A/B simul mode, and whether that limits the available effects and their parameters.

:hmm:

being able to sandwich a dirt pedal between 2 patches has peaked my interests, but after watching that video and seeing how you operate it, makes me say no. I would lose my patience with that thing in less than 15 minutes.

being able to sandwich a dirt pedal between 2 patches has peaked my interests, but after watching that video and seeing how you operate it, makes me say no. I would lose my patience with that thing in less than 15 minutes.

I'd rather buy a Helix and be done with it. Also solves the issue of buying patch cables.

I'd rather buy a Helix and be done with it. Also solves the issue of buying patch cables.

I'd have trouble dropping any money on something from Line 6. Too many bad stories about quality for me to drop that kind of coin on something from them.

I'd have trouble dropping any money on something from Line 6. Too many bad stories about quality for me to drop that kind of coin on something from them.

It's only been out for a couple of years, but I think the Helix is proving it's a cut above the company's previous offerings. I'm also waiting for BOSS to introduce a similar product.

It's only been out for a couple of years, but I think the Helix is proving it's a cut above the company's previous offerings. I'm also waiting for BOSS to introduce a similar product.
I would like for someone to do something like the TC Electronic Nova system. I don't want all of the amp modeling shit. Give me a nice easy, easy to use multi-effect unit. I don't even care if it had dirt, just mod, verb, and delay. Maybe some fun pitch shifting.

Back