Do any of you guys have the recipe for this ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I'd like to give it a go ....

tumblr_okk9bitBek1ug5c9zo1_1280.jpg

1 pkg. (8 oz.)elbow macaroni
Boiling water
Salt
6 skinless frankfurters
1 cup soft bread crumbs
3/4 cup grated processed sharp cheese
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. drained pickle relish
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/3 cup sliced stuffed olives

Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Cover frankfurters with boiling water. Cover; let stand 10 minutes and drain. Combine bread crumbs, next 4 ingredients and salt to taste; add cooked macaroni and toss lightly. Turn half of mixture into a greased 10 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Arrange frankfurters on top; cover with remaining mixture. Bake in oven, 350°, 45 minutes. Heat tomato sauce; add olives. Unmold the loaf and cut in slices. Serve with tomato-olive sauce. Makes 8 servings.

Cheese Custard Pie
1/2 lb sliced Swiss cheese
5 eggs
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
Dash cayenne
1 cup milk
1 cup light cream
2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine

Set oven for moderately hot, 375°.

Cut cheese in 1/4 inch strips and place the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Combine eggs and next 6 ingredients; beat well with a rotary beater. Stir in butter. Pour over cheese. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. If desired garnish with parsley and pimiento. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

oh man, I found a good source for black pudding here and bought some heinz-from-engerlund beans and went nuts a couple weeks ago.
I used to get black pudding from a shop in Yonkers,NY.

I can't get it shipped here.Way to far for them to guaranty freshness.

I miss my Irish breakfasts. :(

1. Get 2 boxes each of whatever is on sale at Walmart grocery
  2. Layer the stuff in a bigass lasagna pan. Hose it all down with 2 cans of Pam. Top with 1bottle of catsup and squeeze cheese to taste.
  3. Bake in 350 deg oven for 40 minutes, or until your husbands face reaches peak redness.
  4. Slice and serve with sprig of ragweed and Funyuns.

1. Get 2 boxes each of whatever is on sale at Walmart grocery
  2. Layer the stuff in a bigass lasagna pan. Hose it all down with 2 cans of Pam. Top with 1bottle of catsup and squeeze cheese to taste.
  3. Bake in 350 deg oven for 40 minutes, or until your husbands face reaches peak redness.
  4. Slice and serve with sprig of ragweed and Funyuns.
I can't wait for your cookbook to hit the stores.
eat0

1 pkg. (8 oz.)elbow macaroni
Boiling water
Salt
6 skinless frankfurters
1 cup soft bread crumbs
3/4 cup grated processed sharp cheese
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp. drained pickle relish
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/3 cup sliced stuffed olives

Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Cover frankfurters with boiling water. Cover; let stand 10 minutes and drain. Combine bread crumbs, next 4 ingredients and salt to taste; add cooked macaroni and toss lightly. Turn half of mixture into a greased 10 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Arrange frankfurters on top; cover with remaining mixture. Bake in oven, 350°, 45 minutes. Heat tomato sauce; add olives. Unmold the loaf and cut in slices. Serve with tomato-olive sauce. Makes 8 servings.

Cheese Custard Pie
1/2 lb sliced Swiss cheese
5 eggs
1 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
Dash cayenne
1 cup milk
1 cup light cream
2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine

Set oven for moderately hot, 375°.

Cut cheese in 1/4 inch strips and place the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan. Combine eggs and next 6 ingredients; beat well with a rotary beater. Stir in butter. Pour over cheese. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy. If desired garnish with parsley and pimiento. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

:love:

Back