"Discovered" in Texas last week

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
HO. LEE. CRAP. :messedup:

That's THREE Countachs, a Ferrari 412i, a Porsche Carrera Speedster, and some American iron I can't identify.

It blows my mind that 1) "barn finds" are still a thing, 2) someone would ever let this happen, and 3) that they didn't sell these cars looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before now.

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

Last edited:
May there is dirt and dust and rat shit and bat shit in ever nook and cranny of those cars. It will cost what they're worth to get them running and driving. That's a damn shame to have cars like that and not put them in a decent garage.

Amazing. The black Countach is an early LP400 coverted to "S" specs—note the "periscope" rearview mirror on the roof. The blue one is early as well—notice someone tacked on a wing, but there are no flares to accommodate the P7s that were a key component of the S spec. The blue one is also a "periscopo" Countach.

The Countach restorations will more than pay for themselves. The Carrera Speedster is rare enough that someone will likely jump on that, too. But they'll have to do some serious thinking on the others.

Last edited:
2) someone would ever let this happen, and 3) that they didn't sell these cars looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before now.

I've met more than a few of these people & they usually stash these cars with the best of intentions. Eventually those intentions persist in the face of impossibility & ultimately it becomes their accepted reality.
Many times it takes the passing of the horder/stasher for a relative to come in and finally move the cars along.

Restore two Countachs. Sell them and use the money to restore and keep the third.

Also, I cannot think of a better excuse for raising taxes on the rich than that they have a habit of buying so many luxury cars that they have to stash them in barns, forget about them, then die.

Back