Ding Ding Ding

Weird. Why not just buy an amp you like...or run into a pedal that sounds good? All this tone shaping stuff gets a little silly. Also, now I have to buy a specific cable, make sure it has batteries, and have a back up for when I play? I like the active preamp on a couple of my guitars, but it isn't like I felt like this was seriously lacking on the others.

Weird. Why not just buy an amp you like...or run into a pedal that sounds good? All this tone shaping stuff gets a little silly. Also, now I have to buy a specific cable, make sure it has batteries, and have a back up for when I play? I like the active preamp on a couple of my guitars, but it isn't like I felt like this was seriously lacking on the others.
But this will make those all better! Bigly better!

13659.jpg

I wouldn't call it BS.

I have desire for it but it is no difference than putting active pickups in your guitar. All you are doing is putting it the cable and allowing one to use a cable from 20-40 feet in length. Bottomline, reduced line loss through the cable because of the active electronics your cable has just become a low impedance cable.

As for noise? The quality of the components in the preamp is the key. Noisy components, noisy signal.

Back