Digitech wants all your money.

jp_nyc

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Remember last year when the Digitech Trio pedal was sold on and people were reselling them at a profit on eBay? Digitech noticed. So they made a new one with an SD Card slot, more inputs/outputs, a looper, and support for more genres, including metal. The drawback is that it’s a $300 pedal.

@jp_nyc - Wait. There was something you could do with the original? Or did they discontinue it? I'm not sure I follow the original statement.

Remember last year when the Digitech Trio pedal was sold on and people were reselling them at a profit on eBay?

These pedals are pretty neat though.

I'm in a band so I don't really have a use for this. I can send drum tracks through my hotone practice amp.

I was hot-to-trot for one of the trio pedals, but after having read quite a few negative reviews find my ardor dampened...

@jp_nyc - Wait. There was something you could do with the original? Or did they discontinue it? I'm not sure I follow the original statement.

The original was so popular that Digitech couldn’t make them fast enough. People who bought them at $180 were flipping them on eBay for $250 until Digitech caught up with demand.

The original was so popular that Digitech couldn’t make them fast enough. People who bought them at $180 were flipping them on eBay for $250 until Digitech caught up with demand.

This is common in the effects world. Analogman sells the King of Tone for $235. They regularly go for $450 used.

I just got the original Trio as a demo from SweetH20 for $150 and am pairing it with my Nux core looper (Boss RC 3 clone). Very happy with the set up.

I probably don't play enough to warrant any purchases these days but the original Trio is something I might make an exception for. For a practice tool and for something to work out song ideas it looks fantastic. I think a lot of the complaints I saw were people trying to make it a live tool. I don't think it was ever intended to be that.

But for me, the trio with the foot switch thing could be a lot of fun.

Back