DigiTech Trio Plus Band Creator Pedal

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Anyone have experience with this pedal?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--DGTTRIOPLUS

TRIO_Plus-Top_original-01e78325b30878e35887c9c08e49b070.jpg

Yes, I have the version 1 and the version 2 above. Lots of fun. I haven't tapped all of the pedal's potential, and I haven't used it in a live setting, but it's a great learning tool.

I tried the non-plus version and found out in very short order that you really need the looper function available in the "plus" version to get the most out of it...plus the "simple bass" function makes it much more usable...

It works well as a practice tool, but you are very limted to the pre-programmed rhythms, which are good but not compelling or original...

I like my non-plus. I would probably get the plus version now. I have found it useful and fun, as a practice tool, and as a creative tool. It helped me write my one and only song for example.

I have the plus and love it. Probably the best guitar related item I have ever bought. Well, except for actual guitars. I think there are better tools for live use although I guess it could be used. But for a practice tool it is fantastic. I guess it depends on what the intended us is.

I use it a lot just to make sure I'm always playing to at least a beat but I'm finding it very useful at learning to play solos, whether I'm learning one or improvising. I play a progression in and it creates the rhythm. I can change styles or pick different options until I like one. Then I can slow the tempo so I can figure out the lead. And there is no change in tone when you slow it down. As I get better I speed it up until it is back to normal tempo. I'm also going to take it next time I get together with the guys to play. I think it will add to the fun.

Yeah, as others have said, great practice tool. The built-in looper in the Plus version is a plus. I would find it difficult to use in a live setting, but I'm sure some people do.

Hmm, since i already have a looper, is there any other major difference between the original version ($100) and the new version ($300)?

Hmm, since i already have a looper, is there any other major difference between the original version ($100) and the new version ($300)?
More genre choices, more part sections, and "simple bass" are the primary differences...but it's the looper that really makes it...

More genre choices, more part sections, and "simple bass" are the primary differences...but it's the looper that really makes it...

Thanks. Now that the original is about half its original price, I'm finding it more and more compelling...

Thanks. Now that the original is about half its original price, I'm finding it more and more compelling...
I have one for sale if you're interested...check my spam thread for the link to my Reverb store to see it...

Does this run into your amp? Does it sound like ass if you're using a high gain setting? Curious how you fellas amplify this little box.

Does this run into your amp? Does it sound like ass if you're using a high gain setting? Curious how you fellas amplify this little box.
Yes and Yes...

There are several options with it...you can run straight into a clean amp, as I do, and it sounds fine...or you can split the signal between amp and mixer or use headphones as well...plus it has an effects loop...

Yeah, I tend to run it at the end of my signal chain into a fairly clean amp. Then I use a dirt pedal in front of the Trio+ for the guitar signal.

I run it back through my monitor speakers. The guitar sounds on the loop come back through the amp so they sound however they sound but the bass/drums come through speakers so they sound good. Again, I only use it at home so I have no idea about a live setting.

I was just thinking about figuring out how to run it just through the amp so I can take it to my friend's house when we play over there. I suspect I'll lose sound quality if there is too much gain but we don't play with too much.

If you use a clean amp and get all of your dirt from pedals will that get it right?

Back