Digitech rp360... Should I???

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
My dilemma,

My mustang 1 stopped recognizing the usb, meaning that whatever usb chord or whatever port we plug into the amp it doesn't show under the fuse software etc... My DAW shows the amp but only does a low humming interference coming from it.

I wasn't totally happy with the Mustangs effects or drive pedal mod tones because they would only have a couple of variations,but I liked the convenience of recording an amp tone vst. And it takes pedals in front of it well.

My wife is of the opinion that I would really be better off with a looper to spur my creativity on the fly. I also think this could really help me in improv and precision, two weak points that I have.

She wanted to buy me the jamman solo xt, which would save tons of loops to work on later etc...And would be just great and everything I would need for that, it also gives me the option of making a project on caustic and importing it as a wav file.

The rp360 would have a 40 second looper, that doesn't save that I can see. But seems to be very strong and variable as a multi effect and for recording, which I would need right now. I could also use it in my living room with headphones which could be a plus for me. I still have my old m audio to record with so I'm not dead in the water as far as recording goes. But I really want both, but both isn't an option right now or the forseeable future.

Has anyone worked with these and have an opinion on what they would do?

I'm not really a fan of anything Digitech but feature wise it seems to be a winner for you.

You should buy my BOSS RC-30. It's the best looper (IMO) out there, I just don't loop stuff enough to justify keeping it. (AKA baby needs diapers)

Had a RP150. 7? years ago. No idea how much of an improvement the 360 is. 150 did a lot of things. Was great for just starting out but, it didn't do anything well.

Back