Detroit-style pizza

That looks pretty good -- I don't like the Chicago-style pan pizza, but a lot of really thin-crust pizza can be difficult to eat. That looks like a good compromise.

Of course, since I'm on a low-carb diet all I can do is weep...

Was in Detroit a few weeks ago, and had some great local pizza. Can't remember the name of the joint, somewhere in Greektown, though.

I dunno. You fucking chew it all up any way, so who cares?

But I guess when you have absolutely NOTHING else going on in your city,,,,,,,you have to tout something.

Umm, unless your from the area you wouldn't know, but Detroit is pretty kickass right now.

detroit.jpg
detroit2.jpg
detroit3.jpg

Go ahead, Detroit.
Put the sauce on top of the pizza. Go for it!

View attachment 32799 View attachment 32800 View attachment 32798

Go ahead, Detroit.
Put the sauce on top of the pizza. Go for it!

Laugh all you want, and there is a very long way to go, but downtown Detroit has a fantastic entertainment district. A new NBA/NHL arena to open next year. Countless great restaurants, and tons of great music venues with events most every night.

There are numerous new high end condo's and townhouses with waiting lists. Quicken loans has moved all of it's operations and employees downtown, microsoft is building a huge new tech center. I think you would be surprised at what downtown Detroit looks like on a Friday night.

Back