Achtung! denverdave! gonna be doing red rocks in august!

warren0728

Kick Henry Jackassowski
hey dave ... gonna see tedeschi trucks band (and mississippi all stars and los lobos) at red rocks august 5th ... you being a local ... what else should we do ... gonna be there 5 days!

DAMMIT! Why did you remind me about that one?? I would love to be there, myself, but alas... :cry:

* Eat breakfast at "Snooze" (although they are expanding so fast I don't think they're exclusive to Greater Denver anymore).
* Take a drive up a mountain or two (Rocky Mountain National Park is gorgeous as well).
* Get a burger and duck fat fries at Highland Tap on 32nd St.

Snooze is so overrated it's not funny. It's just an average breakfast joint that the hipsters seized upon.

If you like baseball, and if they're in town, go to a Rockies game

yeah it should be an awesome show ... never seen a show at red rocks!

keep the ideas coming ... i'm taking notes!

Check out The Little Bear Saloon in Evergreen . They might have a decent band playing.
Rocky Mountain National Park is always a good choice.
You can drive through it on Trail Ridge road from Estes Park and make it to Grand Lake.
Both are great little towns.

The Capitol & US Mint.

Troll for hookers on Colfax Ave. (not that I ever did that :quag: ) J/K!!!

And yeah, go up into the Rockies. RMNP is very nice, but consider it an all-day affair, a couple of hour drive up there, a couple of hours to see stuff, and a couple of hours back at the least. I remember there was a nice German restaurant in Lyons, on the way to Estes Park, if it's still there.

Snooze is so overrated it's not funny. It's just an average breakfast joint that the hipsters seized upon.

Wow. Thanks for chiming in. It must suck that the one (two really) we chose just happened to have one of the more eclectic (for breakfast) menus and some of THE best customer service we've ever encountered... :annoyed:

That will be an awesome show. Red Rocks is the best outdoor theater in the world. Bar none. And the best place to see a concert I have ever been to.

You can also take a day trip to Colorado Springs and see Garden of the Gods and drive up to the top of Pikes Peak.

Part of where to go for food depends on where you are staying. Denver Biscuit Company is a great breakfast place, as is Annies Cafe. Both on East Colfax.

I agree with Dave on seeing Garden Of The Gods and Pike's Peak BUUUUUTTTTTTTT, take the train to the top. The train is way cool and my favorite thing from my Colorado vacation. We also went north to Boulder, stopping at Wildwood Guitars, where my wife almost talked me into a 66 Rickenbacker 320. We went to Boulder Canyon which is a great place to get some exercise if you've been in a car for a couple of days. Also went to Eldorado Canyon which is a great place to go if you really want your mind blown by the Rockies. Much more rugged than Boulder Canyon. Boulder Canyon people were walking, biking, jogging and smoking. Eldorado Canyon people were mountain climbing, whitewater kayaking, doing some serious hiking. Eldorado was a hardcore kind of place.

we are gonna probably do the air bnb thing for lodging (we've had really good luck with it in the past) ... had thought about uber to get around but i think renting a car is the way to go

any locals who want to grab lunch sometime maybe we could set something up!

I'm up for lunch!
I live 15 minutes from Red Rocks.
We can do a ghetto lunch tour.
Columbine Steakhouse is the first stop.
:)

so another question for the locals ... do you think we could just use uber to get around? really don't want to rent a car ... we are cool just exploring close to denver ... our main objective is to see the show ...

Back