Denny’s arrives in NYC with lavish $300 breakfast

Denny's and IHOP are fine, I mean, a diner is a diner is a diner. That being said, if you're in a place like NY, I'm sure there is no shortage of local places to eat.

When we visit Lahaina, we usually visit Bubba Gump once, but a large part of that is the staff is awesome and the sunset view is AWESOMER. Other than that, though, eat local, yo.

My son,for some reason,thinks Denny's is the cats meow. Granted,the local one is in a rounded silver box car type building but it's still Denny's. If you polish a turd,it is still a turd.

Shit like this is why I rarely miss living in Manhattan. It’s not bad enough that trash like Denny’s and Fridays and IHOP keep polluting the city with their horribleness. Now they’re trying to fit in with stupid luxury gimmicks in hopes that the daughters of Russian oligarchs will eat there because New Yorkers have the good sense not to.

I don't think I have ever eaten at Denny's, but places like that, for me, are better for breakfast. The chains like Denny's don't do so well at vegetarian options for lunch and dinner, from my experience, so I avoid them.

My daughter and her friends not infrequently eat at Denny's because it's the only place open after bar-time.

when I was in high school, the late night option of choice was Waffle House. scattered, covered, smothered, chopped, strangled, etc. that last one may not be accurate. :wink:

We didn't really start to see those chain restaurants, big box stores, etc. in NYC until maybe the mid 90's. I'm thinking they started to crop up around the same time as Times Square was taken over by Disney.

We didn't really start to see those chain restaurants, big box stores, etc. in NYC until maybe the mid 90's. I'm thinking they started to crop up around the same time as Times Square was taken over by Disney.

All those places signify are the parts of town you don't want to go to. Still, I'll take them over what was there before.

Back