Dell installs self-signed root certificate on laptops, endangering users' privacy

it's all a gigantic plan to get us to a big brother total take over of ALL information.
the government is in on it, the corps are in on it, the banks are in on it.
that's as far as i'm gonna go.

I bought a Dell laptop in August. :embarrassed: That test site didn't load for me, though.

Fuckers.

(It was on mine. Deleted.)

I love this quote.
"No personal information has been collected or shared by Dell without the customer’s permission."

That means " we covered our arse when you accepted the product T's and C's "

I love this quote.
"No personal information has been collected or shared by Dell without the customer’s permission,
and by purchasing our product the customer has granted us all permissions to do anything with any information on the product."

FIFY

Nope, laptop is closed at all times. They only hear my cries as I'm whipped and my balls crushed with stilettos.
Hah. Thats what you think, you know that panel you thought was an infra red port?.............

dude-getting-dell-doh.jpg

I'm not worried. There's absolutely nothing in my life or my computer that anyone would give a shit about.

This is why at my day gig whenever we get new hardware Dell or from whomever we go and NUKE the things and then put our own image that we've architected at great time and expense on them. We then don't have to worry about that garbage.

The funny thing is, I literally booted my work machine and checked it (I did the image for that one) in case I was sloppy or something but no I'm good.

But I know of some people who weren't so lucky.

Dell should get spanked hard for this. Same thing as Lenovo and their Superfish debacle.

Back