Delivered. UPDATE: it's going back on the truck.

welp, I"m sending it back. :(

I've played it every day since Tuesday. I've A/B'd it with all my other amps, extensively. I replaced the stock speaker with a G12H, which is my fave, and I just plain don't like the way it sounds.

It's built like a tank, and the layout is the best I've seen. I can't say enough about the combo of the Master and the Level. In the end though, it's super punchy when clean (which many love, and I do not), and pretty flat/generic sounding distorted. I'm in the overwhelming minority here, as everyone else is going crazy over this amp. The specs were all there for me. Alas...

In a way, I am glad you don't like it. It is on the high end of what I will pay for an amp and I like you, I wanted to love it and if I did, I would probably end up with one. So my bank account thanks you for sending it back before I get a chance to hear it. It kinda sucks though, because I really wanted to like that amp :grin:

I've played it every day since Tuesday. I've A/B'd it with all my other amps, extensively. I replaced the stock speaker with a G12H, which is my fave, and I just plain don't like the way it sounds.

It's built like a tank, and the layout is the best I've seen. I can't say enough about the combo of the Master and the Level. In the end though, it's super punchy when clean (which many love, and I do not), and pretty flat/generic sounding distorted. I'm in the overwhelming minority here, as everyone else is going crazy over this amp. The specs were all there for me. Alas...

I'm not surprised. Pedal platforms tend to not have great distorted tones.

I'm not surprised. Pedal platforms tend to not have great distorted tones.
well, and for me, it's all about the cleans anyway. I like chimey and three dimensional (insert any other stupid adjective here), and just didn't find that with the Cure.

I mean, in the end, of course, I realized that I didn't need another amp. :wink: That said, I'll be going down the 6L6 path at some point in the future...probably another Rambler.

well, and for me, it's all about the cleans anyway. I like chimey and three dimensional (insert any other stupid adjective here), and just didn't find that with the Cure.

I mean, in the end, of course, I realized that I didn't need another amp. :wink: That said, I'll be going down the 6L6 path at some point in the future...probably another Rambler.

One of these days, I'll get a Maz 38. I love that amp. It's definitely not an apartment amp though. :lol:

IMO, thanks for the honest report on it.

Back