Deliciousness down and workin'

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
  • Project one is a pork butt, currently in the fridge getting acquainted with its dry rub. I'll smoke it overnight, and tomorrow we will have pulled pork sandwiches with homemade buns and beer.
  • Project two, for tonight, is chicken wings. Now relaxing in a marinade I improvised with avocado oil, soy sauce, turmeric, comino, oregano, salt and pepper, and Dave's Temporary Insanity. Will serve with stir-fried snow peas, broccoli and carrots.
What do ya'll have in the pot this weekend?

Right around 24 hours later, I was enjoying the pig. :grin:

Did one Texas Style, with barbecue sauce and onions, and one Carolina Style, with vinegar sauce and slaw.

This is the first time I did this and the Texas style won - because I found a fantastic sauce. And I've tried a bunch, including homemade from a couple of recipes.

Wow, that bottle of sauce came out about life-sized. :grin:

BTW I had to save half of the Carolina sandwich for later. That monk beer really fills you up. :embarrassed:

What a great day - cooking and listening to music, followed by eating and listening to music.

Just got done with 4 full racks of baby back pork ribs. Two rubbed with Stubb's Pork rub, two with Rufus Teagues . Five and a half hours at 225F. Used hickory and cherry.
Five lbs of beef ribs half marinated in Stubbs beef marinade, half rubbed with steak rub, 6 hrs at 225 F. Hickory and cherry, used some hickory shells I collected last year.
4 split chicken breasts bone in rubbed with habanero powder then marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce for 4 hrs. Smoked with white oak 4 hrs. At 350F. Took the chicken to 195 F and still juicy and tender. This was my fave today. Good heat without taste bud annihilation. Been going since 8 am enjoying some Hop Devils now. Fuck I'm tired.

Just got done with 4 full racks of baby back pork ribs. Two rubbed with Stubb's Pork rub, two with Rufus Teagues . Five and a half hours at 225F. Used hickory and cherry.
Five lbs of beef ribs half marinated in Stubbs beef marinade, half rubbed with steak rub, 6 hrs at 225 F. Hickory and cherry, used some hickory shells I collected last year.
4 split chicken breasts bone in rubbed with habanero powder then marinated in Jamaican Jerk sauce for 4 hrs. Smoked with white oak 4 hrs. At 350F. Took the chicken to 195 F and still juicy and tender. This was my fave today. Good heat without taste bud annihilation. Been going since 8 am enjoying some Hop Devils now. Fuck I'm tired.

You must have a lot of folks to feed! That's a lot of bbq.

You must have a lot of folks to feed! That's a lot of bbq.

I give away some to friends and family. Just me and the missus. Still working on new recipes, smoke woods, and temp. regulation. If I'm gonna be tied to the smoker and grills for 6 + hrs. I'm cooking a bunch.

Last edited:
Back