Delays R Us

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Ibanez DE7 - $75
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy - $100
Jacques Prisoner - $150

All pedals with box, manual, and velcro. Pics forthcoming.

I seriously bought a delay today. My very first one. :embarrassed:

So you're saying you delayed your delay purchase?
Xzibit.png

So you're saying you delayed your delay purchase?
Xzibit.png
Indeed. The person I took lessons from for years was always against me practicing with effects. So I never have used any. I just recently started with a new teacher that is helping me out with that kind of thing.

I ordered a Electro-harmonics Canyon and a Turnip Greens yesterday. So I’ll have a delay, a Soul Food, and a Hall of Fane reverb. I really like the dirt channel on my Orange so I’ll grab a foot switch for that. Maybe a clean booster too. That stuff should keep me occupied for awhile.

Indeed. The person I took lessons from for years was always against me practicing with effects. So I never have used any. I just recently started with a new teacher that is helping me out with that kind of thing.

I ordered a Electro-harmonics Canyon and a Turnip Greens yesterday. So I’ll have a delay, a Soul Food, and a Hall of Fane reverb. I really like the dirt channel on my Orange so I’ll grab a foot switch for that. Maybe a clean booster too. That stuff should keep me occupied for awhile.

I have the Turnip Greens. It's a stupid name, but it's a great, flexible combo pedal. I use a bit of reverse reverb for almost everything ... it adds just a little Jimmy Page charisma that I love.

When I first got it a couple of years ago, I corresponded with Kinnatone, who do Soul Food mods. For $49 shipped (you provide the pedal), they mod the Soul Food side of the Turnip Greens. They add a 3-position switch to go between two new different types of germanium diodes (one of which is the same as the original Klon) and the stock diode. They also add a bass contour knob, replace some substandard caps with higher quality ones, do a few tweaks to the circuit to make it warmer and smoother, and replace all the knobs with white ones so it's easier to see the settings.

I may send mine off to him and see what I think. The price is pretty negligible.

Last edited:
My only issue with the Turnip Greens is that I want to put pedals between the boost and reverb and the effects loop seems like a cumbersome solution. The Soul Food is a cool pedal on it's own, but if I wanted to mod it, I would get the new MXR Sugar Drive instead. It'll get you kloser to the Klon. :embarrassed:

Now buy my delay pedals, dammit. :tongue:

My only issue with the Turnip Greens is that I want to put pedals between the boost and reverb and the effects loop seems like a cumbersome solution. The Soul Food is a cool pedal on it's own, but if I wanted to mod it, I would get the new MXR Sugar Drive instead. It'll get you kloser to the Klon. :embarrassed:

Now buy my delay pedals, dammit. :tongue:

Shit, didn't mean to hijack. :( Sorry.

Back