Delay Settings Support Group

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
I stink at getting the exact delay/echo settings that I want. I'm guessing we all run into this problem from time to time.

With delay tone being more subjective, I'd like to focus more on something a little more concrete: Delay times and feedback rates.

Of course Effect type and any other qualities are welcome in the circle as well!

So, can anyone help me figure out the delay used at the very beginning of Jack the Stripper/Fairies Wear Boots? I just can't get it right.

I am terrible with trying to get other's delay sound. Hopefully someone can shed some light.

It's not a delay, it's multiple guitar tracks. That tone is dry as shit.

Start with your delay time wherever you normally set it. Turn the repeats all the way down, and set the knob back up for one repeat. Then turn the delay time knob all the way down. Turn it back up slowly until you get the sound you're looking for.

I'll give that a shot thanks. Multi tracks recorded in the 70's = tape delay right? :tongue:

@Chad post a song or two with a delay you're trying to nail down. Let's get this support group big enough so insurance will pay for it.

I'll give that a shot thanks. Multi tracks recorded in the 70's = tape delay right? :tongue:

@Chad post a song or two with a delay you're trying to nail down. Let's get this support group big enough so insurance will pay for it.

When I stumble on to one again, I will. I gave up on trying to nail other's delay setting a long time ago and just use delay with stuff I am doing.

When I stumble on to one again, I will. I gave up on trying to nail other's delay setting a long time ago and just use delay with stuff I am doing.

That's mostly me too but sometimes I get obsessive with something that I can't replicate well. And delays have always stymied me

That's mostly me too but sometimes I get obsessive with something that I can't replicate well. And delays have always stymied me

I used to be that way, which is why I went through a million delay pedals, it was the pedal not me that couldn't nail the sound :grin:

Then I just gave up and used delay how I wanted. I'm sure I will hear something and and "need" to figure it out.

Delay is one of those effects that doesn't seem to work for me. Other players get great results, but me, not so much. I think I'm more of a reverb guy.

Im still learning about delay. I've had an old Dan Echo for years but never used it much, then I got a ModTone Mini, which seems to meet my basic needs of "just a hair always on" or simple slapback, with a lot less noise than the Dano. The Dano does do more spacey/ambient stuff than the ModTone , but I rarely play that kinda music. I have a new Boss D3(?) digital delay that I'm still learning how to use. Right now its on my bass board for simple 8th or 16th note repeats, haven't seen what it does on guitar yet.

Delay is one of those effects that doesn't seem to work for me. Other players get great results, but me, not so much. I think I'm more of a reverb guy.

I'm the same way. I've gotten better with delay, but only for playing original stuff. I still can't sit down and set my delay to sound like Gilmour or the Edge.

I'm the same way. I've gotten better with delay, but only for playing original stuff. I still can't sit down and set my delay to sound like Gilmour or the Edge.

Step 1: Buy Catalinbread Echorec
Step 2: Connect Catalinbread Echorec to guitar rig
Step 3: Play

:grin:

Back