Question: Delay on bass?

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
IMG_1174.JPG

We added this song that requires driving 16th notes at a pretty quick tempo. My fingers got really tired.
The guitarist is over there calmly playing 8th notes thru a delay. Is this something worth trying?
I have a MOD Tone mini delay on my guitar board but it's set and forget with just a bit o slapback. Worth takin off my guitar board and trying? Are their better choices for bass? Analog or Digital? Would tap tempo be a useful feature?

Do it. There is not technique or variation of signal processing that you can do on guitar that you can't some on a bass. Stewart Copeland uses delays on drums.

Pink Floyd - One of These Days (live 1994):

I'd go with digital though I used an analog for my cover of this. I typically like my bass track to be very clean.

My friends' band do Happiest Days of Our Lives / Another Brick In The Wall and the bassist fires up the delay pedal.
I think it's the only time he uses a delay pedal during a gig. So, he's got it dialled in and has no need for tap tempo. I'd have to check to see which one he uses.

I ordered a DD3. If it doesn't work out it will be a fun addition to my guitar stuff. The ModTone didn't really cut it, almost but it couldn't get there.

I ordered a DD3. If it doesn't work out it will be a fun addition to my guitar stuff. The ModTone didn't really cut it, almost but it couldn't get there.

Cool. I'm looking at nabbing a EHX Canyon soon-ish. I'm interested in using it with my E/A bass (Godin A5) and my nylon string...as well as my my steel string acoustics and electrics.

Back