December Original Song Thread.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
We discussed making this a monthly thing - mainly to push some of us to write more and hone our chops.

I know December is really busy for a lot of people so throwing this out to see if there is enough interest in a thread for the month. I had a song idea I wanted to write for my next original and separately a 'style' I wanted to write in and in the shower this morning the chorus started to come together.

So if enough people want in on an original song in December we will move forward. Otherwise I have a head start for January.

And feel free to bounce in and out month by month.

I could go either way. I can write something, most likely, but not sure I could do any recording beyond a quick one-take. I'm game if we do it, or could hold off for January.

This is the ballad of December slack
Gary made a promise...and now he's taking it back
Cuz he'd rather drink nog and act like a tool
Than pick up his banjo and work through this Yule

This is the ballad of December slack
Gary made a promise...and now he's taking it back
Cuz he'd rather drink nog and act like a tool
Than pick up his banjo and work through this Yule
:grin:

Between final papers, final exams, being busy at the office,and holiday events I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed this month. I don't have space in the house for a full-time studio, so it takes forever just to get things set up for recording. It bums me out, because I have three songs all ready to record and no chance to do it.

I just got the Zoom video camerea and could do a "live" version of a new song, just couldn't do a multi-track thing in time.

:grin:

I don't have space in the house for a full-time studio, so it takes forever just to get things set up for recording.
I finally got everything I need packed and strapped down into a suitcase, so I can just pop it open, plug into my computer, and be ready to go in 1-2 minutes. It's made life a lot more productive.

I finally got everything I need packed and strapped down into a suitcase, so I can just pop it open, plug into my computer, and be ready to go in 1-2 minutes. It's made life a lot more productive.
I have the stuff organized, but it really requires rearranging furniture along with setup. Carol uses the back room of my office as her craft studio; I should evict her and make it a music studio. :grin:

Just kidding, dear. :zoinks:

I have everything set up in my spare bedroom. But mid-March I will lo0se the spare bedroom and I'll have to see if the basement will work. I the meantime I need to buy a decent sounding inexpensive bass for recording.

I am currently dealing with either tendonitis or arthritis, or something with my right wrist so I am staying away from playing guitar right now anyways. Getting older sucks....

Darling Dave has the weakest hands
He has the will and makes commands
But his digits are from Jello made
Alas, these are the last chords he ever played

I will try to find some time to continue working on my song from last month, which, of course, is yet unfinished. But it will be a pretty tough month to get much done.

sunvalleylaw gonna write one song
It'll be better than God and ten hours long
Gonna Godzilla itself through the hit parade
Gonna be better than every time you ever got laid

I've got one ready...I put it in for Recordingfest, but I don't know if there is going to be one this month...

Might do the murder ballad. I came up with a tune almost instantly but I'll probably end up recording it and hating it. :embarrassed:

Well, no way I am writing one this month, but still messing with the old one. Have a title for my next one. It will be a short and fun one. The title is "Musical Mediocrity". Kind of autobiographical, tongue in cheek.

Back