December 2016 Vom1t thread

Awesome! Very nice vocals, good talent ....Total Echo & The Bunnymen fan here!

very different genre...here is an original I did for the recordingfest

Thanks! The link for yours doesn't show up/work on my phone, but I'll try and listen from the computer when I am sitting at it. Would like to hear it.
OGG - I loved Echo and the Bunnymen back in the day. That is a cool song and well done.

mbewb 1- Nicely produced and a cool song. I like that a lot.

Here is my contribution; a new song taped at my office this afternoon. The song was inspired by internet memes and frequent threads here. Thanks to DCF for saying he thought I had written a new song...

Thanks Gary! I really liked your song. Good job making a silly internet meme into something poignant and thought provoking. Really love the chord progression.
In memory of Dr. Jason Seaver...

Dude.

Every time I start to think I'm getting a handle on this whole music thing, you post something that reminds me how much I suck. Thanks. :wink:

I always try to listen though it makes contributing more difficult since I cannot play or sing as well as any of you. Given that I can't exercise quite at my normal level I'll try to contribute if only to get feedback. I will bring the average down however but hey someone has to.

Ok here's mine...
This is a song I recorded about a year ago. I was taking some lessons and we were talking about various modes. So my assignment was to write and record something in C# Dorian.
There's a couple of mistakes in the solo section but I left it in only because the solo was a one-take.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkk3usx15q27h60/Long Time Coming.wav?dl=0

Like that! Good stuff. :thu:

I always try to listen though it makes contributing more difficult since I cannot play or sing as well as any of you. Given that I can't exercise quite at my normal level I'll try to contribute if only to get feedback. I will bring the average down however but hey someone has to.

Having listened to some of your contributions, if I could play even half of the stuff I've heard you pull off, I'd be very proud of myself. Your playing ability deserves to be believed in by you far more than it currently is. :thu:

I must apologize, I didn't realize this was a one take production....as you can tell mine was a produced track, but here is a one take compilation I did

No problem as far as I am concerned. And another great musical piece. I am so glad you have shared these.

Reactions: OGG
I must apologize, I didn't realize this was a one take production....as you can tell mine was a produced track, but here is a one take compilation I did

Great job!!! I really like that guitar tone. Bluesy and warm.
I didn't realize it was supposed to be a one take thing either! Oops!

Reactions: OGG

Wait one take..but there's 2 of you :eek: :Wave: :grin:

@Gorgon90
Thanks man that's kind of you. Music is definitely a struggle for me. There are things I can do with a lot of practice but not much comes easily. Frankly I can't really even talk unless I'm playing something very simple. I think my brain only has about 4 brain cells dedicated to music and make tons of mistakes on things I've been playing for years. That's why I have a lot of doubts even though I have enough of a stubborn streak to never give up trying.

Here's a take I just did of a song that just didn't quite work with the full band arangement we tried for the record.

The end section was imagined a solo outro thing, but in this version I just did some improv-y jive lyrics.

Last edited:
OGG - I loved Echo and the Bunnymen back in the day. That is a cool song and well done.

mbewb 1- Nicely produced and a cool song. I like that a lot.

Here is my contribution; a new song taped at my office this afternoon. The song was inspired by internet memes and frequent threads here. Thanks to DCF for saying he thought I had written a new song...

Nice work. I still think you should have used the alternate lyrics that brilliant and handsome other forumite proposed.

Back