December 2016 Vom1t thread

OGG - I loved Echo and the Bunnymen back in the day. That is a cool song and well done.

mbewb 1- Nicely produced and a cool song. I like that a lot.

Here is my contribution; a new song taped at my office this afternoon. The song was inspired by internet memes and frequent threads here. Thanks to DCF for saying he thought I had written a new song...

Excellent Gary...but it feels lonely in here with only three of us....need more participation

Excellent Gary...but it feels lonely in here with only three of us....need more participation
Yeah, that is the way these things seem to go, especially after a while. A few people participate, and only those who participate listen.

I came down with a bad cold over Thanksgiving, which ended any ability to contribute for November. I'll try to contribute next week.

Reactions: OGG
It took a second course of antibiotics to deal with a UTI; that also finally knocked out the cough I had for months.

Great job, micwalt. I must confess I never heard the original, but I imagine your take on it is more to my tastes.

Sorry guys...the reason I don't participate is because I'm too self conscious....
Nothing wrong with that, though this is a pretty nice venue for putting yourself out there. I just notice that the only ones who ever comment on these threads are those who also post a song. It would be nice to hear from others as well.

When I started out, I was terribly self-conscious, especially since my mother and brother convinced me I had no talent. I eventually started venturing out and found the more I played and sang, the better I got. He didn't have open mics in those days, but hootenannies, church coffeehouses and parties gave me a chance to hone my skills. This VOM1T format, one take, open mic is not a bad way to start. I hope to see you post something some day!

I always listen to what gets posted but I seldom comment since I'm not contributing. But I certainly can if you guys want that....
I have a couple of songs recorded etc that I suppose I could post....
They are instrumentals. Guitar bass drums....

I always listen to what gets posted but I seldom comment since I'm not contributing. But I certainly can if you guys want that....
I have a couple of songs recorded etc that I suppose I could post....
They are instrumentals. Guitar bass drums....
By all means post something, it is good for all of us!

@OGG - top quality as usual. You really seem to be enjoying music more these days and it shows.

@mnewb1 - now if you played all that in one take simulataneously in one take, I'm going to be really impressed! :grin:. Like Gary said, interesting song and I like the production.

@Gary Blanchard - Good song Gary, reminds me of something familar but I can't put my finger on what it is.

@micwalt - ffs, vocal and guitar playing talent up the wazoo, every time I watch one of your videos I end up wondering why you're not selling out arenas around the planet.

November was a stupid month and I had no chance to get near a guitar, much less record something. Last couple of weeks I've had a stinking cough and cold but I'm hopefully getting past that and may get some time over the break between Christmas and New Year to try and do something.

OGG - I loved Echo and the Bunnymen back in the day. That is a cool song and well done.

mbewb 1- Nicely produced and a cool song. I like that a lot.

Here is my contribution; a new song taped at my office this afternoon. The song was inspired by internet memes and frequent threads here. Thanks to DCF for saying he thought I had written a new song...

Great chord progression. I hear a ton of melody just in the chords.

Back