Votes: 4 40.0%
  • ESP

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Carvin

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

VoidTerraFirma

Live to wine
Six-string. Fixed bridge. Tuned to C. Passive buckers. Must look the part. GAS in effect!

Your choices.
DV016_Jpg_Large_516098.643_onyx_z2.jpg

BC Rich $999
DV016_Jpg_Large_1357577844330_A.jpg

ESP $1349
85_v220-2-small.jpg

Carvin $ ?

Definitely the ESP. That BC Rich looks like an escaped Bananarama video prop that dyed its hair black.

ESP. Carvins are pretty popular over at the SevenString.org forum, but the pickups are immediately replaced. I wouldn't play a current BC Rich if I had to pull it out of Kate Upton's bosom.

As a BC Rich player since I started playing...they make great imports. Especially around '03-'08, their MIK line, they were churning out stuff the quality that Dean was at the turn of the last decade, which was to say real high quality work and a sleeper all the way.

It's all gone down hill, while the details and specs have gone uphill.

That's not solely BC Rich though, seems to be in all imports these days. They are all fine, but there isn't much magic happening anymore. They all seem to feel so...mechanical and soul-less.

The stealth is a great design. It's very cool they did a full on tribute to Chuck.

I really hate that new "Real ESP-ltd" line. Those look...bad.

If you want a real death metal guitar, get a old MIJ Charvel/Jackson, Ibanez, BC Rich etc. I wouldn't bother with a new guitar in that kinda music.

That Carvin screams "we built this city" not death metal. I would go with an ESP of some sort for death metal.

The singer/guitarist for Starkill last night played an Ibanez that was similar in shape to the BC Rich in the OP.

The Carvin pic just shows up as an X, but looks-wise I would think the V220 or the Ultra V would work.

The singer/guitarist for Starkill last night played an Ibanez that was similar in shape to the BC Rich in the OP.

The Carvin pic just shows up as an X, but looks-wise I would think the V220 or the Ultra V would work.

Yeah, the guitar in the video is an Ibanez Xiphos. It's available as a 6-string, and used to be available as a 7-string (you can still find the 7-string version on the used marked). Both versions are pretty well regarded.

DV016_Jpg_Large_501364.001_black_flat.jpg

I would probably play this...

bc-rich-pro-x-warlock-electric-guitar-black-shadow__82628.1320017879.1280.1280.jpg

or this.
3704390618_afe95bf0fe_o.jpg

Back in the day, I went from an Explorer knock off to a Mockingbird. I played that guitar for many years. :tongue:

There's a local death metal band around here where the guitar player/singer plays Tele. You can clearly see wood chunks where the bridge humbucker is lol

There's a local death metal band around here where the guitar player/singer plays Tele. You can clearly see wood chunks where the bridge humbucker is lol

Jari Maenpaa from Wintersun/Ensiferum played a Tele for years.

You can catch flashes of it in Wintersun's first video from years back:

Back