Dean Zelinsky parking lot sale this weekend.

Well, I went to the sale this morning. We had snow last night, and the temperature was only about 30 degrees, so the sale was held indoors. Like PRS, Dean Zelinsky Guitars have nickel plated hardware (which I learned to my dismay, when I did a quick online check, shortly before I headed out). and as many of you may recall, I have a severe nickel allergy (which is why I use Ernie Ball Cobalt strings on my electrics, and have to get all of my guitars re-fretted, with Jescar EVO Gold, hypo allergenic fretwire), but I decided to go anyway. I was one of the first ones in the door, and the first question I asked, was if they had any electrics without nickel hardware. It was kind of a tall order for them but I got lucky, they had a demo, bolt neck version of the StrettaVitta, that had chrome plated hardware (yay!), in clownburst (which I can live with). The price? $99! I checked the neck out (it was a Medium C, that was sufficiently chunky enough for me [I wore a rubber glove on my left hand, to minimize nickel contact]). the hardware and the pickups were decent. The body? Mahogany, with a maple cap. Sold!! With a padded gig back, my cost was $150. I think I was Customer #1. Normally, considering re-fret costs, I would balk at buying a guitar, at that cheap of a price, but the guitar's original value was about $450-$500, so, it's still a great deal, even with the cost of a re-fret. I'd include a photo with this post, but when I was leaving the building, one of the employees was taking photos of people with their new guitars, and he took a photo of me holding the guitar in front of the building. I asked him to e-mail me a copy of the photo, and I'll post it when I get it.

Oh yeah, I told my boss from work about the sale (he's wants to start playing guitar [he has some musical background, having played piano and banjo), and as a result, met him at the sale, and helped him buy a guitar. I also got my new StrettaVitta signed by Dean Zelnsky, on the back of the headstock!

Well, I went to the sale this morning. We had snow last night, and the temperature was only about 30 degrees, so the sale was held indoors. Like PRS, Dean Zelinsky Guitars have nickel plated hardware (which I learned to my dismay, when I did a quick online check, shortly before I headed out). and as many of you may recall, I have a severe nickel allergy (which is why I use Ernie Ball Cobalt strings on my electrics, and have to get all of my guitars re-fretted, with Jescar EVO Gold, hypo allergenic fretwire), but I decided to go anyway. I was one of the first ones in the door, and the first question I asked, was if they had any electrics without nickel hardware. It was kind of a tall order for them but I got lucky, they had a demo, bolt neck version of the StrettaVitta, that had chrome plated hardware (yay!), in clownburst (which I can live with). The price? $99! I checked the neck out (it was a Medium C, that was sufficiently chunky enough for me [I wore a rubber glove on my left hand, to minimize nickel contact]). the hardware and the pickups were decent. The body? Mahogany, with a maple cap. Sold!! With a padded gig back, my cost was $150. I think I was Customer #1. Normally, considering re-fret costs, I would balk at buying a guitar, at that cheap of a price, but the guitar's original value was about $450-$500, so, it's still a great deal, even with the cost of a re-fret. I'd include a photo with this post, but when I was leaving the building, one of the employees was taking photos of people with their new guitars, and he took a photo of me holding the guitar in front of the building. I asked him to e-mail me a copy of the photo, and I'll post it when I get it.

Oh yeah, I told my boss from work about the sale (he's wants to start playing guitar [he has some musical background, having played piano and banjo), and as a result, met him at the sale, and helped him buy a guitar. I also got my new StrettaVitta signed by Dean Zelnsky, on the back of the headstock!

Jesus, I've never heard of such an allergy before!

HNGD on the awesome score you got!

Thanks everybody! :) I still haven't received a copy of the photo of me at the sale by tomorrow, I'll just take a photo of the guitar, here at home.

Nice of them to help you find a guitar with chrome hardware during a parking lot sale. That’s impressive customer service for a company that normally sells online.

Sorry this took so long (I've been kind of busy), but as promised, here are photos of my $99 StrettVitta one-off:

My one-off StrettaVitta guitar (mahogany body, with a maple cap)
On-Off%20Dean%20Zelinsky%20StrettaVitta_zpsd8igww3y.jpg

The back of the guitar, showing the bolt-on neck, and Dean Zelinsky's autograph on the headstock
Back%20of%20Guitar%20-%20Shows%20Bolt-On%20Neck%20and%20Dean%20Z%20Autograph_zps0u98h4ba.jpg

Last edited:
Back