Hot or Not? Dean Zelinsky: Dellatera engraved paisley (a Tele)

I like the look, but I don't like lipstick on my Teles. I'm also surprised they don't use a covered hum bucker--the open coils don't fit the look at all.

I hate to like anything Dean related, but I really like this one and it seems a reasonable MSRP.

Not bad.

This is essentially the same guitar he sells for $629, but more than doubled for the laser etched/engraved top and the the faux-metal finish. Not a fan of the sharp cutaway or the price, but cool for what it is...if you like that sort of thing.

Interesting. Looks nice. Definitely curious about the back of the neck... wouldn't increasing the amount of surface area by that much on the back of the neck lead to all sorts of friction and grip issues for fast playing? The price is lower than i've come to expect for boutiquey guitars.

Interesting. Looks nice. Definitely curious about the back of the neck... wouldn't increasing the amount of surface area by that much on the back of the neck lead to all sorts of friction and grip issues for fast playing? The price is lower than i've come to expect for boutiquey guitars.

It's not a boutique guitar. It's a Zelinsky designed instrument made in a currently undisclosed location. The ones that he labels being American made are $4-6K...right in line with boutique USA stuff.

I love having a laser too.

(Funny I've thought about doing exactly this but I don't quite have the width in the laser to reach across the full thing)

You're thinking way too small...

af97bad44d0e53cde6188abb13737c2a.jpg

I do not, however, point this out to presume the guitars aren't good or even great instruments, but most of what he's selling directly is not an American-made guitar. That said, neither are Reverends, Chapmans, and countless other brands, many of whom are known to have killer instruments made in excellent Korean, Indonesian, and Chinese factories.

Last edited:
Interesting. Looks nice. Definitely curious about the back of the neck... wouldn't increasing the amount of surface area by that much on the back of the neck lead to all sorts of friction and grip issues for fast playing?

Exactly the opposite.
Your hand touches less surface area because of the engraving.

Think of a golf ball with really deep divots. There's more surface area, but you can't touch it all.

Back