Hot or Not? Dean Rhapsody 12-string bass!

CBHScott

How did I get here?
Sorta cross-post from the deal thread, but man, I always wanted a 12-string bass ever since I heard Tom Petersson play one with Cheap Trick.

This ugly bastard is $495 at Pro Audio Star:

dea-rh12-tbk_1.jpg

While I could do without the shape of the horns, I've never seen a 12-string priced this low.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen a 12 string bass before.

Really have no idea what you'd play with one........

0:17 in:

Also prominent around 6:18 for a few bars.

If you listen closely to earlier CT, you can really hear how it rounds out the sound - almost like a low-end second rhythm guitar.

I always thought these would sound great in a three-piece band, and CT kinda is that when Robin's not playing guitar.

Yuck. Dean worked overtime to make it look bad.

I prefer the old Hamer 8 and 12 string basses, but I would have no use for one other than just making noise around the house.

I always sorta liked those if you want a 12 string bass.

The looks are okay sorta because a 12 string bass is already strange looking.

First time I ever saw a 12 string bass was at a benefit. The bass player, who I knew by the way, had it onstage as a backup but, never played it. It was just there, on display. My eyesight isn't the greatest and, I'm sitting far enough away to see it's got more than 4, or 5, or 6 strings but I can't see it really good. It's sitting on one of these stands.

stand.jpg

After their set, they are tearing down and, I go up to talk to him, ask him about his bass.

Me: So, how many strings is that, 12?

Jon: Yeah.

Me: From back where I was sitting, the strap on the stand looked like another tuner half-way down the neck.

Jon: No, it's not a banjo.

Back