Dave Rawlings Machine tonite!

New album, Nashville Obsolete, will be released September 18th.
http://www.daverawlingsmachine.com/2015/08/nashville-obsolete-coming-september-18th-more/

DRM_cover_email-1024x1024.jpg

I feel obligated to pick up any of their stuff to show my support.

That said, I'd rather listen to or go see Gillian Welch thirty times before opting for the Rawlings Machine.

I feel obligated to pick up any of their stuff to show my support.

That said, I'd rather listen to or go see Gillian Welch thirty times before opting for the Rawlings Machine.
Yeah, it's staggering how much i love everything DR touches, and how minimally moved i am by his "solo" stuff.

Yeah, it's staggering how much i love everything DR touches, and how minimally moved i am by his "solo" stuff.

Maybe that will change this time around... first albums aren't always 100%. Revival is a good album, but probably the Welch album UI'm least likely to listen to.

Dave Rawlings Machine tickets go on sale this Thursday for mailing list members. The concert is January 7th at the University of Houston.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/dave-ra...rtistid=1374997&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

$27.50 (US $39.60 with fees) to $32.50 (US $44.70 with fees)

Yeah, I'm really excited! I'm going to try to go to two shows: the one in Cleveland in November and the one in Nashville in December. I'm hoping my pre-order makes it her in time for the release too!

I have no idea how I woke up in this parallel universe but they've actually got a Albuquerque date scheduled... and it's in a relatively small venue. What planet is this?

Nevermind, I don't even care. I'm snatching up a pair of tickets on Thursday. :thu:

Reactions: Tig
I have no idea how I woke up in this parallel universe but they've actually got a Albuquerque date scheduled... and it's in a relatively small venue. What planet is this?

Nevermind, I don't even care. I'm snatching up a pair of tickets on Thursday. :thu:

I get this. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US, yet it must suck at filling venues for anything other than the big, glossy names. I see it skipped by most of the bands and musicians I'd love to see.

Boo, hiss. Turns out Albuquerque's show is general admission so it doesn't matter.

Boo, hiss. Turns out Albuquerque's show is general admission so it doesn't matter.

I hope that turns out better for you than when I saw Welch last month. The audience turned one of the best set lists and performances I've ever seen to one of my least favourite shows I've ever been to. :annoyed:

I hope that turns out better for you than when I saw Welch last month. The audience turned one of the best set lists and performances I've ever seen to one of my least favourite shows I've ever been to. :annoyed:

Honestly, I'm still sort of stunned that they have an ABQ date at all. I cannot imagine there's a ton of GW or DRM fans in this town, but maybe. Who knows? Regardless, it's a small venue so the worst seat will still be pretty okay.

Honestly, I'm still sort of stunned that they have an ABQ date at all. I cannot imagine there's a ton of GW or DRM fans in this town, but maybe. Who knows? Regardless, it's a small venue so the worst seat will still be pretty okay.

This was a 300 person club... shouldn't have been a bad seat in the house but the venue was jacked up, the people were rude and talking over Dave and Gil and there were a lot of problems with the sound. Dave actually pointed at the sound man at one point angrily because there was so much feedback. :(

This was a 300 person club... shouldn't have been a bad seat in the house but the venue was jacked up, the people were rude and talking over Dave and Gil and there were a lot of problems with the sound. Dave actually pointed at the sound man at one point angrily because there was so much feedback. :(

I attended a show of theirs at the Cannery Ballroom (Mercy Lounge) in Nashville that was like that. A few hundred frat & sorority kids from Vanderbilt and not much else. Dave & Gill were great but the experience was miserable.

I attended a show of theirs at the Cannery Ballroom (Mercy Lounge) in Nashville that was like that. A few hundred frat & sorority kids from Vanderbilt and not much else. Dave & Gill were great but the experience was miserable.

Yeah. This was Bloomington so def. the college kids were shitty. One lady behind me kept talking to her friend through three songs and I kept shushing her and giving her dirty looks. Finally in between songs I turned around and told her "Shut the fuck up... if you want to have a conversation go to the bar, some of us are here to listen to the band." Everyone around me started clapping and her response was "I paid for my ticket just like you! I'll stand here and talk if I want!" Cunt.

Back