Dave Rawlings Machine tonite!

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
3e6udaby.jpg

I'd be front row center if it wasn't for these folding chairs. :embarrassed:

Is there a new record? I didn't love the first one, but I'd definitely give the group another shot at it, as it looks so good on paper.

So just hit the first intermission... AMAZING so far. "Bells Of Harlem" was almost beyond words. The one thing I really love is the entire band is having fun playing, joking around even in the middle of songs and just allowing everyone to take turns leading the band. That chemistry really comes across in the music.

Last edited:
Set list!

1. Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

2. The Monkey and the Engineer
    (Jesse Fuller cover)
  3. Long John Dean

4. Candy

5. Back in Time/Way back

6. To Be Young (Is to Be Sad, Is to Be High)

7. Keep It Clean
    (Charley Jordan cover)
  8. Bells of Harlem

9. It's Too Easy

10. BREAK

11. Ruby

12. Billy
    (Bob Dylan cover)
  13. when he Sets this World on Fire(?)

14. Sweet Tooth

15. I Hear Them All / This Land Is Your Land
    (Woody Guthrie cover)
  16. Stewball

17. Method Acting / Cortez the Killer

18. Queen Jane Approximately
    (Bob Dylan cover)
  19. Encore:
  20. Going to California
    (Led Zeppelin cover)
  21. Look At Miss Ohio

22. The Midnight Special
    (Creedence Clearwater Revival cover)
  23. The Weight
    (The Band cover)
  24. Didn't Leave Nobody but the Baby

I also saw them last night (my first show at the Ryman, with @dmn23 ) and the songlist was the same, except they dropped "Candy" and opened the show with "Will The Circle be Unbroken?" as well as rearranging where the songs went. Two of the best concerts I've ever fucking seen. :thu:

Reactions: Tig
It's a rag-tag bunch of nobodies. Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings on guitar, Willie Watson from Old Crow Medicine Show on fiddle & guitar, Paul Kowert from the Punch Brothers on upright bass, and some hack named John Paul Jones on mandolin.

Yep. Think of it as the Gillian Welch Alter Ego Band. She was on backing vocals and guitar for most of the entire night, and they only did two Gillian Welch tunes ("Look at Miss Ohio" and "Wayside/Back in Time").

Yep. Think of it as the Gillian Welch Alter Ego Band. She was on backing vocals and guitar for most of the entire night, and they only did two Gillian Welch tunes ("Look at Miss Ohio" and "Wayside/Back in Time").

I really wish they'd release a DRM version of "Wayside." I actually like that version a lot more than the original.

Back