Dang it. NPD.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I ordered the wrong one apparently. The one I was relplacing had a power input and an LED.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464390962.004764.jpg

What is the point of reissuing this without a power input even if that's how they originally came? How many people still use batteries for pedals like this?

:annoyed:

You bought the right one.

CSP026 > CSP101SL > M101

The one you bought is a hand-wired repro of the original circuit. The Custom Shop CSP101SL with LED and power jack is just a modded version of the standard production model (M101).

CSP026 > CSP101SL > M101

The one you bought is a hand-wired repro of the original circuit. The Custom Shop CSP101SL with LED and power jack is just a modded version of the standard production model (M101).
I'll plug it in tomorrow. I wish it could be wired for power though. The one I had (CSP101SL?) sounded pretty good. If this is as good or better sounding I'll figure it out :)

CSP026 > CSP101SL > M101

I was just going to post the same thing.

Actually, the CSP101SL is the EVH without external access to the switch. Somebody pulled the board out of one and this is what they found.

http://momentfx.blogspot.com/2010/06/mxr-custom-shop-script-phase-90-is-evh.html

CSP101S+PC+Board.JPG

I'll plug it in tomorrow. I wish it could be wired for power though. The one I had (CSP101SL?) sounded pretty good. If this is as good or better sounding I'll figure it out :)

What I use...
s6v2re6milroundedgefile75e.gif

pedal-cable-battery-clip-female-560x400.jpg

ZVex makes a great replacement bottom plate with protection diodes and all...but they are $40 (each)!
ZVEX_Power_Plate.jpg

What I use...
s6v2re6milroundedgefile75e.gif

pedal-cable-battery-clip-female-560x400.jpg

ZVex makes a great replacement bottom plate with protection diodes and all...but they are $40 (each)!
ZVEX_Power_Plate.jpg

I'd just find a replacement plate, drill a hole in it, and get the adapter I linked to above. I'm sure they can be found on eBay.

I'd just find a replacement plate, drill a hole in it, and get the adapter I linked to above. I'm sure they can be found on eBay.

The nice thing about the file is you file a notch just large enough for the wire to tuck into when you close the case. With those cast MXR plates, it only takes a few minutes.

Drilling would require a hole large enough for one end or the other of the adapter.

I have a gig tonight. Even though I don't need the phaser for this rig I'll tag it in just to try it through my amp at gig volumes.

I have a few of those adapter lying around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
After you check if you don't have the right one let me know. Years back when I bought my Godlyke power supplies they came with it and if I have the one you need I'll drop it in an envelope and send it to you.

After you check if you don't have the right one let me know. Years back when I bought my Godlyke power supplies they came with it and if I have the one you need I'll drop it in an envelope and send it to you.
I think I've gotten them with Godlyke, Voodoo Lab and One Spot power supplies but I've never actually used them so I probably have a handful of them somewhere are here. The trick is just finding them :embarrassed:

CSP026 > CSP101SL > M101

Yes, I agree.

Ok. Definitely a keeper. What's funny is that I've got the Phase 90 in my Strymon Möbius programmed pretty close to how this sounds but there is a "thickness" missing that the pedal has. I'm very happy with my mistake.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464501047.220822.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1464501059.618135.jpg

Back