Damn you Mesa Boogie!!!! (6V6 Content)

baimun

Funkasaurus Rex
They introduced a new triple channel amp that has bias switching to swap out power tubes to 6L6, EL34 or even 6V6.

The high gain parts of the video with the 6L6 don't work for me... but MAN... I love 6V6 powered amps so much!!!

MIDI, solo boost, cab clone direct out, separate switching for effects loop, reverb (adjustable for each of the three channels) and more. Wow.

The "metal" tones were meh for me but otherwise that's a versatile amp capable of a ton of tones.
Did you happen to see a price on that?(I sort of glanced through the vid)

It’s a good idea. When I saw the announcement I was surprised they didn’t build a unit that allowed switching between multiple power tube sections. Just think of all the overpriced rebranded tubes they could sell that way!

I'm generally a big fan of the less gainy Boogies (although I used to love a bunch of music made with e high gain stuff/sounds), but I didn't particularly enjoy any of the sounds in this commercial. I'd like to hear Andy from Pro Guitar Shop the guys from That Pedal Show do a demo.

It’s a good idea. When I saw the announcement I was surprised they didn’t build a unit that allowed switching between multiple power tube sections.

That's the Road King.

That said, most of their tube switching amps go between 6L6 and EL34's... I'm happy that they're finally embracing the 6V6.

Back